If you are applying for a certificate issued on the basis of a foreign license under the provisions of:
- 14 CFR Part 61, Section 61.75
- special purpose pilot authorizations under Section 61.77
- using a pilot certificate issued under Section 61.75 to apply for a commercial pilot certificate under Section 61.123 (h)
- applying for an airline transport pilot certificate issued under Section 61.153 (d) (3)
- applying for a certificate issued on the basis of a foreign license under the provisions of 14 CFR Part 63, Sections 63.23 and 63.42
The Airmen Certification Branch is required to verify the foreign license before you make application for the certificate, rating or authorization. The process normally takes between 45-90 days to complete. Do not schedule any travel or testing until a verification letter has been obtained from the Airmen Certification Branch.
Foreign applicants who require a visit to a FAA Flight Standards District Office or are applying for the issuance or replacement of an airman certificate in accordance with 14 CFR 61.75 must contact their selected Flight Standards District Office upon receipt of this verification letter to schedule an appointment with a FAA Inspector or authorized certifying official. Do not anticipate an appointment earlier than two weeks after this initial contact, due to enhanced security procedures.
Send Us Your Information
Choose any of the following methods:
Once the verification process has been completed, a copy of the verification letter will be sent to the applicant as well as to the Flight Standards District Office indicated on the application form. The verification letter will be valid for six calendar months (unless the license expires prior to that date or a shortened validity period is indicated by the verifying Civil Aviation Authority)
Additional Requirements for Australia, Cyprus, Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand and United Kingdom Applicants
In addition to the procedures stated under Verification of Authenticity of Foreign License, Rating and Medical Certification above, airmen from Australia, Cyprus, Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand or the United Kingdom must contact their respective CAA to complete additional forms that are required PRIOR to providing the requested information to the Airmen Certification Branch. We have provided a link to each CAA for your convenience:
- Australia CAA Website
- Cyprus CAA Website
- Ireland CAA Website
- Malaysia CAA Website
- New Zealand CAA Website
- The United Kingdom CAA.
- You must send the additional information required by the Australia, Cyprus, Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom directly to the country. FAA Airmen Certification Branch should not receive this additional form.
- You must send the Verification of Authenticity of Foreign License, and Medical Certification directly to Airmen Certification Branch. Australia, Cyprus, Ireland, Malaysia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom do not require copies of our form.