The Pilot Records Database (PRD) is used to facilitate the sharing of pilot records among air carriers in a clearinghouse managed by the Federal Aviation Administration. All part 119 certificate holders and fractional ownerships can register to access the PRD and evaluate the available FAA data for each individual pilot candidate prior to making a hiring decision.
Pilots holding an FAA Commercial or Airline Transport Pilot certificate with a current medical can now register in PRD and see their FAA records. Air carriers that chose to use PRD now as part of the hiring process may require pilots to use PRD to grant consent for them to see the pilot's FAA records as part of the hiring process.
View the Paperwork Reduction Act Burdon Statement and Privacy Act Statement (PDF) for the collection of information under the Pilot Records Database (PRD).
Who is eligible to access the PRD?
- The responsible person – an individual at the air carrier serving in a required management position which may include Director of Safety, Director of Operations, Chief Pilot, Director of Maintenance, Chief Inspector, or other responsible management position who will provide supervisory control concerning the PRD process. To determine if you are currently listed in one of the required management positions, please contact your Certificate Management Office or your Principal Inspector.
- The authorized user – an individual that is employed by the air carrier or operator that has been assigned access rights to the PRD on behalf of the employer by the responsible person.
- The pilot – an individual certificated by the FAA at the commercial or airline transport pilot level that is the subject of a record request in the PRD. Note: The PRD is not for use by all levels of certified pilots. The PRD was developed specifically for use by airmen holding a Commercial or ATP pilot certificate along with a current medical certificate. Only these appropriately rated pilots who are seeking employment as an air carrier pilot are authorized for PRD use and will be admitted into the system. Please be aware that an expired or denied medical certificate may reject your effort to register for PRD as well as an incorrect airman certificate date of issue. To confirm the status of your medical certificate and/or the date of issue of your airman certificate call Airmen Certification toll free at 866-878-2498 or visit Airmen Inquiry.
- When you register for PRD you will need to enter the required information EXACTLY as it appears on your airman certificate. If there have been any recent changes to your certification, they may not have been recorded yet and may reject you from registering. It is recommended you have the certificate visible during registration.
- When you register, make certain to record the ‘My Access UID’ number that will appear on the registration page for use on the following screens in the application.
Questions about PRD?
The Help Desk is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you have a PRD support-related question not found in our Frequently Asked Questions (PDF), contact the National Service Desk at:
Phone: 1-844-FAA-MYIT (322-6948)