Got a drone? Whether you're a novice drone pilot or have many years of aviation experience, rules and safety tips exist to help you fly safely in the National Airspace System. Think of these tips as a pre-flight checklist to help you fly safely.
Drone Safety Tips
- Register your drone
- Fly your drone at or below 400 feet
- Keep your drone within your line of sight
- Be aware of FAA Airspace Restrictions
- Respect privacy
- Never fly near other aircraft, especially near airports
- Never fly over groups of people, public events, or stadiums full of people
- Never fly near emergencies such as fires or hurricane recovery efforts
- Never fly under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Operating Your Drone
The FAA rules you need to follow while flying your drone will depend on what your mission is.
- Recreational Flyers & Modeler Community-Based Organizations
- Certificated Remote Pilots including Commercial Operators
- Public Safety and Government
Not sure what type of a drone user you are? We can help you!