LAANC for Industry
How does LAANC benefit Industry?
The FAA is dedicated to ensuring drones are able to operate safely in the same airspace with manned aircraft. The LAANC capability offers industry the opportunity to work with the agency as we develop a UAS Traffic Management System (UTM). Companies approved to provide LAANC Services are known as FAA Approved UAS Service Suppliers (USS).
To enable applicants to determine if they can meet the program criteria, we recommend potential respondents must read and understand the following documents:
- How to Apply
- LAANC USS Performance Rules
- LAANC Concept of Operations (PDF)
- Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) (PDF)
- LAANC USS Onboarding Test Procedure and Report
- Privacy Statement
Upon successful completion of all onboarding activities, the FAA will sign the MOA and the USS will receive notification that it may begin providing LAANC services.
Note: Applicants should have a mature product at the time of application or have the capability to develop it before Formal Onboarding.
LAANC Onboarding Process 2023
Application Period (05/01 – 06/02):
- USS onboarding application submission must include:
- Completed USS Application Package
- Signed Memorandum of Agreement (MOA)
FAA Submission Review (06/05 – 07/07):
- FAA has 30 days to respond whether the applicant meets requirements to continue in the process.
- During review, the FAA may ask applicants for additional information based on submitted materials
Technical Interviews (07/10 – 08/11):
- FAA invites applicants that pass the review to demo & discuss their product.
- If product meets the USS Performance Rules proceed to the formal testing phase
Formal Testing (08/14 – 10/13):
- Applicants proceed to system integration with the LAANC Automation Platform in a staging environment
- Applicants must demonstrate successful execution of validation scenarios to show compliance with the LAANC USS Performance Rules
- Applicants have two attempts to pass the compliance demonstrations/tests
- MOA countersigned by FAA upon successful completion of all onboarding activities
LAANC Go-Live (10/16 – 11/17):
- FAA countersigns MOA upon successful completion of all onboarding activities
- FAA grants production LAANC credentials to applicant
- Applicant provides active production LAANC services within 30 days of finalizing the MOA
Interested parties should note:
- Any information pertaining to the application period is hosted on this website, and through the FAA's digital channels.
- This is not a regular government acquisition; there is no Screening Information Request (SIR) or Request for Proposals (RFP) related to this effort.
- The FAA is not seeking or accepting unsolicited proposals outside of this application process.
- The FAA will not pay for any information received or costs incurred at any point in the onboarding process.
- Vendor participation in any informational session during the application process is not a promise for future collaboration with the FAA.