September 2 – The FAA syncs new model unmanned aircraft guidance with current provisions in the law.
September 2 – Two veteran aviation professionals will steer the FAA's efforts to integrate unmanned aircraft.
September 1 – The Fly Safe campaign focuses this month on GA pilots and medications.
August 28 – Agency will benefit from advanced computing solutions through partnership with leading Cloud companies.
August 28 – The FAA has released the beta version of a new IOS app that helps unmanned aircraft users fly in the right locations.
Regulations and Guidelines
Recent Regulations and Guidelines
- 91-57A - Model Aircraft Operating Standards (9/2/2015)
- 150/5210-20A - Ground Vehicle Operations to include Taxiing or Towing an Aircraft on Airports (9/1/2015)
- 61-83H - Nationally Scheduled, FAA Approved, Industry Conducted Flight Instructor Refresher Course (8/4/2015)
- 00-66 - Selection of Cyclic Redundancy Code and Checksum Algorithms to Ensure Critical Data Integrity (8/4/2015)
- 120-70C - Operational Authorization Process for Use of Data Link Communication System (8/3/2015)
- 2015-17-22 Airbus Airplanes (published date - 9/2/2015)
- 2015-17-03 Bombardier, Inc. Airplanes (published date - 9/2/2015)
- 2015-17-25 Bombardier, Inc. Airplanes (published date - 9/2/2015)
- 2015-17-23 Empresa Brasileira de Aeronautica S.A. (Embraer) Airplanes (published date - 9/2/2015)
- 2015-18-02 Lockheed Martin Corporation/Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company Airplanes (published date - 9/2/2015)
- NG 1730-2 - WJHTC Digital Signage Request Form (8/1/2015)
- NG 1730-1 - WJHTC Bulletin Board Request Form (8/1/2015)
- 7233-4 - Pre-Flight Pilot Checklist and International Flight Plan (7/15/2015)
- 5280-1 - Application for Airport Operating Certificate (5/1/2015)
- AC 3370-2 - Contract Employee Clearance Record (4/21/2015)
- 1100.157B - National Operations Engineering Groups National Airspace System (NAS) Support Responsibilities (Draft) (12/23/2015)
- 8200.47 - Flight Inspection of Transponder Landing System (9/6/2015)
- 4600.27C - Personal Property Management (9/4/2015)
- JO 7340.356 - ADDITIONS PER ORDER 7340.2, CONTRACTIONS, CHAPTER 3, SECTIONS 1, 2, 3, 4. (8/27/2015)
- 8900.320 - Personnel Authorized to Issue the Logbook Endorsement Required by 14 CFR Part 61, § 61.195(k)(7) and Their Qualifications and Limitations (8/21/2015)
- 8900.319 - Reexamination of Airman Tested by Designated Mechanic Examiner Randal B. McKinley (8/17/2015)
Look Up N-Numbers
Check Airport Status and Delays
@996c4 we were waiting for someone to point this out ;) you win.
FAA is working with local authorities and investigating yesterday's drone crash at the US Open in Queens, NY.
FAA Air Traffic Report: AM weather delays DEN, DTW, MIA, MCO, MSP, NYC, ORD airports - PM storm delays at WAS, PHL http://t.co/6SfCVdDm8W
FAA Air Traffic Report: AM clouds out west, PM T-storms from TX to FL, Great Lakes and Mid-Atlantic may delay flights http://t.co/6SfCVdlLho
FAA Air Traffic Report: AM fog from ATL to BOS, clouds at SFO, drive delays. PM T-storms may slow NYC-Chicago routes. http://t.co/6SfCVdDm8W
Pilots: Please note updated times for Alaska TFRs on Sept 2: Anchorage, Kotzebue and Dillingham http://t.co/pasEk5LvqR
Pilots: There will be a TFR in Miami, FL on Wednesday, September 02. │ http://t.co/UK1WOLdaSe
FAA Air Traffic Report: AM fog may slow flights in WI, TN, NY, MN, CA. PM T-storms in FL, GA, transatlantic routes. http://t.co/6SfCVdlLho
FAA Air Traffic Report: Few delays this morning. Clear skies and favorable flying weather across the country. More: http://t.co/6SfCVdlLho
Pilots: Please note updated times for Alaska TFRs: Anchorage, Kotzebue and Dillingham http://t.co/pasEk5LvqR