March 7 – The FAA today issued a notice appealing an NTSB ALJ decision in Huerta v. Pirker.
March 7 – The FAA provides updated information on common myths.
February 20 – The FAA's rule will reduce risk in helicopter operations, including air ambulances.
February 11 – FAA's final rule reinforces that airline pilots cannot use PEDs for personal use during aircraft operations.
Regulations and Guidelines
Recent Regulations and Guidelines
- 65-31B - Training, Qualification, and Certification of Nondestructive Inspection Personnel (2/24/2014)
- 00-60B - North American Free Trade Agreement and Specialty Air Services Operations (2/12/2014)
- 00-1.1A - Public Aircraft Operations (2/12/2014)
- 90-23G - Aircraft Wake Turbulence (2/10/2014)
- 136-2 - Recommended Aircraft Maintenance Practices for Commercial Air Tour Operators (1/22/2014)
- 2014-03-15 328 Support Services GmbH (Type Certificate Previously Held by AvCraft Aerospace GmbH; Fairchild Dornier GmbH; Dornier Luftfahrt GmbH) Airplanes (published date - 3/5/2014)
- 2014-04-11 Airbus Helicopters (Type Certificate Previously Held by Eurocopter France) (Airbus Helicopters) (published date - 3/5/2014)
- 2014-03-04 Bombardier, Inc. Airplanes (published date - 3/5/2014)
- 2014-05-05 The Boeing Company Airplanes (published date - 3/5/2014)
- 2014-05-03 The Boeing Company Airplanes (published date - 3/5/2014)
- FAA 8130-3 - Authorized Release Certificate, Airworthiness Approval Tag (2/1/2014)
- FAA 9550-5 - FINAL PROJECT REPORT (8/1/2013)
- FAA 8700-1 - INSTITUTION OF HIGHER EDUCATION'S APPLICATION FOR AUTHORITY TO CERTIFY ITS GRADUATES FOR AN AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT CERTIFICATE WITH REDUCED AERONAUTICAL EXPERIENCE (7/1/2013)
- FAA 8710-1 - Airman Certification And/or Rating Application (6/30/2013)
- FAA 7900-6 - FAA-Form-7900-6 Instrument Landing System Data (ILS) (1/1/2013)
- JO 7110.113D - Procedures for issuing Automated Clearances (3/5/2014)
- JO 6000.34C - Program Management Plan for the Maintenance Data Terminals in the NAS (2/20/2014)
- JO 7930.2P - Notices to Airmen (NOTAM) (Effective 4/3/2014) (2/19/2014)
- JO 7110.662 - CHANGE TO NOTICE JO 7110.608, WAKE TURBULENCE RECATEGORIZATION STANDARDS AT MEMPHIS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AND LOUISVILLE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT – STANDIFORD FIELD. (3/6/2014)
- JO 7110.661 - CANCELLATION OF FAA NOTICE JO 7110. 654, FINAL APPROACH COURSE INTERCEPTION (PARA 5-9-2), AND FAA NOTICE JO 7110.658, SEPARATION - SVFR (PARA 7-5-3) FOR FAA ORDER JO 7110.65. (3/6/2014)
- JO 3410.32 - Technical Operations Succession Planning Program (TOSSP) (3/6/2014)
Two miles are making a big difference at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
New satellite-based procedures are reducing the minimum separation standard while enhancing safety through precision navigation. The new procedures are increasing the number of departures at DFW by 15 to 20 percent per hour.
Look Up N-Numbers
Check Airport Status and Delays
- Ground Delays 0
- Airport Closures 0
- Ground Stops 0
- Arrival/Departure Delays 0
@SeymoreSky please be sure to report a laser strike to your local law enforcement.
Pilots: TFRs in St.Croix USVI, March 6 - 9; Homestead / Miami, FL March 7; Key Largo, FL March 7 - 9 http://t.co/TuSnpWM5Je
Pilots: There will be TFRs in Phoenix / Scottsdale AZ Feb. 28 - March 2. Please check NOTAMs: http://t.co/pasEk5usoR