News and Highlights
The FAA is extending the duration of aircraft registration certificates from three to seven years, effective January 23, 2023.
The FAA Registry is now offering limited online aircraft registration services here. Individual aircraft owners can complete self-guided aircraft registration applications, upload legal and supplemental documents, receive auto-generated notification, request aircraft registration N- Numbers, use modernized online payment options, receive instant notification of payment, and digitally sign Aircraft Registration Applications. Services will be continuously improved.
Click here (PDF) for additional resources.
The Federal Aviation Administration accepts documents containing digital signatures by email. The documents may be submitted electronically as an attachment to an email at email@example.com. Documents signed in ink must be submitted by U.S. Post Office or commercial delivery services. The link to Contact the Aircraft Registration Branch provides our contact information including our mailing and physical addresses. Any questions can be by email Aircraft Registration Branch, or you can call 1-866-762-9434, or 405-954-3116.
We are processing documents received on approximately April 12, 2023.
The Registry will no longer issue letters of extension, effective January 23, 2023. The FAA revised 14 CFR 47.31(c)(1) removing the time limit within which the FAA must either issue a letter extending the temporary authority to continue to operate or deny the application. The Aircraft Registration Application (“Pink Copy”) is valid until the applicant receives the aircraft registration certificate, application is denied by the FAA, or 12 months have elapsed during which the registration is pending on the aircraft.
- About Aircraft Records
- Aircraft Registration Renewal Information
- Aircraft Registration and Recordation Processes
- Aircraft Registration Forms
- Aircraft Registration Information
- Cape Town Treaty - International Registry
- Change the Address on a Registration Certificate
- Check for Valid or In-Question Registration Status
- Clear Title
- Contact the Aircraft Registration Branch
- Export an Aircraft
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Import an Aircraft
- Light-Sport Aircraft
- N-Numbers - Reserve, Renew, Change
- Record a Security Agreement / Chattel Mortgage
- Record an Aircraft Lien
- Replacement Aircraft Registration Certificate
- Unmanned Aircraft Registration
Records & Reports
- Download the Aircraft Registration Database
- Request Copies of Records