Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners
Application Process for Medical Certification
General Information - AME Completion
- Each medical certificate must bear the same date as the date of medical examination regardless of the date the certificate is actually issued.
- Each medical certificate must be type-written either by typewriter or computer print-out. Handwritten or obviously corrected certificates are not acceptable.
- Only use standard limitations as contained within this document or on the Aerospace Medical Certification System (AMCS).
- Each medical certificate must be fully completed prior to being signed.
- Both the AME and applicant must sign the medical certificate in ink.
- The applicant must sign before leaving the AME's office.
- AMEs are required to use the electronic transmission capability of AMCS. The AME Work Copy must be retained as the file copy.