Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners
Application Process for Medical Certification
General Information - AME Completion
- Each medical certificate must bear the same date as the date of medical examination regardless of the date the certificate is actually issued.
- Each medical certificate must be type-written either by typewriter or computer print-out. Handwritten or obviously corrected certificates are not acceptable.
- Only use standard limitations as contained within this document or on the Aerospace Medical Certification System (AMCS).
- Each medical certificate must be fully completed prior to being signed.
- Both the AME and applicant must sign the medical certificate in ink.
- The applicant must sign before leaving the AME�s office.
- AMEs are required to use the electronic transmission capability of AMCS and must forward the FAA/Original Copy to the FAA in Oklahoma (see address below). The AME Work Copy must be retained as the file copy.
- Aerospace Medical Certification Division, AAM-300
- Civl Aerospace Medical Institute
- Federal Aviation Administration
- P.O. Box 25082
- Oklahoma City, OK 73125-9867
Page Last Modified: 01/17/12 11:20 EST