The Asia/Pacific Air Navigation Planning and Implementation Regional Group (APANPIRG) has established a regional monitoring agency. This agency, the Pacific Approvals Registry and Monitoring Organization (PARMO), is located at the United States Federal Aviation Administration's William J. Hughes Technical Center.
A RMA (Regional Monitoring Agency) is a necessary and integral part of ongoing RVSM operations as is stated in (ICAO) guidance.
Principal duties and responsibilities of the PARMO include:
- To establish and maintain a central registry of State RVSM approvals of operators and aircraft using the Pacific Region airspace where the RVSM will be applied;
- To facilitate the transfer of approval data to and from other RVSM regional monitoring agencies;
- To establish and maintain a database containing the results of height keeping performance monitoring and all altitude deviations of 300 ft or more within Pacific oceanic airspace;
- To provide timely information on changes of monitoring status of aircraft type classifications to State authorities and operators;
- To assume overall responsibility for administration of the GPS-based Monitoring System and for assessing compliance of operators and aircraft with RVSM height-keeping performance requirements in conjunction with RVSM introduction in the Pacific Region;
- To provide the means for identifying non-RVSM approved operators using Pacific Region airspace where the RVSM is applied; and notifying the appropriate State approval authority; and
- To develop the means for summarizing and communicating the content of relevant databases to ICAO RVSM Task Force decision makers for use in agreeing on the timing and extent of RVSM application within the airspace under their administration.