The Aircraft Certification Service is concerned with the approval of software and airborne electronic hardware for airborne systems (e.g., autopilots, flight controls, engine controls), as well as that used to produce, test, or manufacture equipment to be installed on airborne products. The FAA Aircraft Certification Service software programs, policy, guidance and training, focus on software and airborne electronic hardware that has an effect on the airborne product (a "product" is an aircraft, an engine, or a propeller).
For a list of people you can contact for additional information regarding Aircraft Certification Software and Airborne Electronic Hardware activities, please visit the Contacts page.
- Advisory Circulars
- Policy Memos
- Technical Standard Orders
- Software Job Functions: differences between DO-178B and DO-178C (PDF)
- Airborne Electronic Hardware Job Functions Course (FAA22100001)
- Software Fundamentals (FAA21030)
- Legacy System Software (FAA27200050) (PDF)
- 2014 Conference