- FAA Order 8130.2G CHG 1, Airworthiness Certification of Aircraft and Related Products
- Light-Sport Aircraft Airworthiness Certification - Special Considerations for Special Airworthiness Certificates (PDF)
- Light Sport Aircraft: Existing Type Certificated Models (PDF)
- Light Sport Aircraft Statement of Compliance - FAA Form 8130-15 (PDF)
- Designated Airworthiness Representative (DAR) - Maintenance & Manufacturing (PDF)
- FAA Order 8100.8D, Designee Management Handbook. See Chapter 13, Amateur-Built and Light-Sport Aircraft Certification Functions
- Light-Sport Aircraft Repairman Training Providers (PDF) and Courses
Light Sport Aircraft Frequently Asked Questions
- Light Sport FAQs (PDF)
AIR Strategic Plan for Light-Sport Aircraft
Special Light-Sport Aircraft (SLSA) Make/Model Directory
- FAA Accepted ASTM Consensus Standards (PDF)
- Light-Sport Aircraft Accepted Standards, FAA Notice of Availability (NOA) Information (PDF), the previously accepted consensus standard has been revised, and this NOA is accepting the later revision.
- Zodiac CH601XL Special Review - Final Report (PDF) and "Zodiac CH601XL Special Review - Appendix (PDF), the final report from the FAA review of the CH 601XL design, addressing several in-flight structural failures.
- SAMPLE Light-Sport Aircraft Manufacturer's Quality Assurance Manual (MS Word)
NOTE: The FAA does not endorse a particular manufacturer of these technologies, but the following link contains examples for reference:
- Light-sport aircraft (LSA) manufacturers and owners/operators are encouraged to install parachute recovery systems and/or inflatable restraints to enhance safety in the operation of their aircraft.
- FAA Flight Standards Regulatory Support Division – Light Sport Aviation Branch
- Sport and Recreational Aircraft Accident Summaries (PDF)
- Sport Pilot Information