In 2005, the FAA published an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) and ultimately issued a Record of Decision (ROD) for the modernization of O'Hare International Airport. The City of Chicago is proceeding with the proposed improvements to the Airport through its O'Hare Modernization Program (OMP), which will reconfigure the older airfield (PDF) into a more efficient runway, terminal, and roadway system associated with a new airfield (PDF), reducing delays and increasing capacity to meet future aviation needs.
A Written Re-Evaluation (Re-Eval) of the EIS is being conducted to evaluate changes associated with the construction schedule modification that alters the timing for commissioning new Runway 10R/28L, new Runway 9C/27C, and the extension of Runway 9R/27L. The runways and extension were included in the original EIS, but are now scheduled for different completion dates than those in the original EIS.
- 2015 Re-Evaluation of the O'Hare Modernization EIS
- Re-Evaluation Simulation Modeling
- Airport and Airspace Simulation Modeling for the 2005 EIS
- 2005 O'Hare Modernization Environmental Impact Statement and Record of Decision
- Freedom of Information Act Material Releases
- O'Hare Modernization Funding
- O'Hare Modernization Planning
If you have any problems accessing any of the information presented on this website, please email email@example.com or call (847) 294-7131.