The compatibility of airport land uses is important to both the local government and the airport. Ensuring this compatibility requires understanding how an airport functions and how it can impact or be impacted by the community that surrounds it. These resources help local governments and airports understand their roles and offer ideas for compatible development.
- Airport Noise Compatibility Planning Toolkit
- Federal and State Coordination of Environmental Reviews for Airport Improvement Projects, March 2002 (PDF) (Joint review by the FAA and National Association of State Aviation Officials (NASAO))
- Thermal Exhaust Plume Impact on Airport Operations: Technical Guidance and Assessment Tool (PDF)
Federal Register Notices
- Compatible Land Use Planning Initiative (LUPI) (63 FR 27876) (PDF)
- Draft Aviation Noise Abatement Policy 2000 (65 FR 43802) (PDF)