- Airport Improvement Program Safety/Phasing Plan Checklist (PDF)
- FAA Form 5100-1, Airport Pavement Design (MS Word)
- Project checklist, Pre-Construction Conference (MS Word)
- Regional Policy
EngineeringEngineering staff is responsible for airport engineering standards, configuration, design, equipment, and operations criteria at civil airports. The staff ensures adherence to standards for the construction and maintenance of airport facilities. They provide guidance, standards, and specifications relating to airport pavement design, construction, and maintenance. They are also responsible for modifications to FAA design standards.
- Barry Hammer, Senior Civil Engineer
Provides technical assistance in matters relating to Engineering and Standards. Responsible for airports in Southern Maine and all Massport airports.
- Luke Garrison, Project Manager
Responsible for airports in Northern Maine.
- John Merck, Project Manager
Responsible for airports in Vermont and Connecticut.
- Bob Siris, Project Manager
Responsible for Rhode Island, New Hampshire and the Boston Residential Sound Insulation Program.
- Cliff Vacirca, Project Manager
Responsible for Massachusetts (excluding Massport airports).
Obstruction Evaluation/Airport Airspace Analysis
- Steven Barker (interim)
Patricia Beckman (long term)
Maintains and coordinates Non-Rulemaking Airspace (NRAs) analysis cases. Serves as the focal point for on-airport obstruction evaluations.
Questions about NRAs
For your convenience, we have established a dedicated phone number and email line for you to direct your NRA questions. Please use this number and email for all airspace inquiries; it will ensure a timely response.
- Telephone: 781-238-7609
Please leave a detailed message and we will respond accordingly.
- Email: NEairspace@FAA.gov
- Steven Barker
Contact for establishing, changing, or abandoning a heliport, landing area, or private airport.
Off Airport Construction
For Off Airport construction, direct all inquiries to the Air Traffic Organization.
- To discuss Wildlife Management Plans, contact Michelle Ricci