Planning staff review and approve planning documents for Federal funding program eligibility. The planners provide support that includes guidance for master and system planning, developing guidelines coordination, and implementation of intermodal and multi-modal transportation planning relating to the Airports program and developing the Airport Capital Improvement Plan (ACIP). The specialists also establish and maintain liaison with Federal agencies and other organizations to ensure effective coordination of airport planning and development. Civil use of military airports is an integral part of the planning function. The planners also determine the airports and related data for entry into the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (NPIAS).
- Gail Lattrell, Community Planner
Project Manager/Team Planner for Connecticut and Rhode Island.
- Lisa Lesperance, Community Planner
Serves as the Airport Planner for Massachusetts.
- Tracey McInnis, Planner
Project Manager/Team Planner for New Hampshire.
- Ralph Nicosia-Rusin, Capacity Program Manager
Coordinates programs enhancing airport capacity and regional system planning. Project Manager/Team Planner for Maine and Massport Airports (Bedford/Hanscom, Boston-Logan, and Worcester).
- Michelle Ricci
Project Manager/Team Planner for Vermont.
National Planning & Capacity Program
- Airport Capacity Profiles (added 8/6/2014)
- Capacity Needs in the National Airspace System, 2007-2025 (FACT 2) (PDF, 1.28 MB)
- General Aviation Airports Reports (ASSET 1 and ASSET 2)
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (NPIAS)
Advisory Circulars (ACs)
Airports GIS & Electronic Airport Layout Plan (eALP)
Airport Master Planning
- Terminal Area Forecast (TAF)
- Forecasting Aviation Activity by Airport (MS Word)
- Guidance on Review & Approval of Local Aviation Forecasts (6/2008) (PDF)
Guidance & Policy
- ACC/FAA Best Practices, 2008 (PDF)
- Bulletin 1: Best Practices-Surface Access To Airports (PDF)
- Appendix: Notice of Policy Regarding the Eligibility of Airport Ground Access Transportation Projects for Funding Under the Passenger Facility Charge Program (PDF)
- Interim Guidance on Land Uses Within a Runway Protection Zone (PDF) (added 10/1/2012)
- Order 5090.3: Field Formulation of the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (NPIAS)
NextGen for Airports
Passenger, Cargo, & Operations Data
- Air Traffic Activity Data System (Historic Airport Operations)
- Airport Data (5010) & Contact Information
- Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- Passenger and Cargo Data
Publications & Forms
- WAAS Brochure: Maximizing Airport Operations Using the Wide Area Augmentation System (PDF)