The following OAM Reports, FAA Advisory Circulars, and scientific publications are available as PDF (requires Adobe Acrobat) files. To view and print PDF files, you must first download the Acrobat Reader, which is free and available from Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Crewmember Training on In-Flight Radiation Exposure (PDF, 9 KB)
- Galactic Cosmic Radiation Exposure of Pregnant Aircrew Members II (PDF, 155 KB)
- Radiation Exposure of Air-Carrier Crewmembers II (PDF, 1.22 MB)
- What Aircrews Should Know About Their Occupational Exposure to Ionizing Radiation (PDF, 683 KB)
- Solar Radiation Alert System (revised 5/30/08) (PDF, 954 KB)
- X-Ray Backscatter Security Scanners at U.S. Airports (PDF, 38 KB)
Recent publications for which reprints are available
Advances in Space Research Vol. 42(6):1008-1029 (2008)
Copeland, K., H. H. Sauer, F. E. Duke, W. Friedberg
Cosmic radiation exposure of aircraft occupants on simulated high-latitude flights during solar proton events from 1 January 1986 through 1 January 2008
Advances in Space Research Vol. 36(9):1653-1656 (2005)
Friedberg, W., K. Copeland, F. E. Duke, E. B. Darden, Jr.
Annual effective dose received by U.S. airline pilots compare with that of non-flying U.S. residents
Occupational Medicine: State of the Art Reviews 17(2):293-309 (2002)
W. Friedberg, K. Copeland, F. E. Duke, J. S. Nicholas, E. B. Darden, Jr. and K. O'Brien III
Radiation Exposure of Aircrews
Health Physics 79(5):591-595 (2000)
W. Friedberg, K. Copeland, F. E. Duke, K. O'Brien III and E. B. Darden, Jr.
Radiation Exposure During Air Travel: Guidance Provided by the Federal Aviation Administration for Air Carrier Crews