Exceptional Benefits. Extraordinary Workforce.
A career at FAA offers employees exceptional benefits and competitive salaries while playing a critical role in the safety and efficiency of air travel. From a robust Federal benefits package to locality pay and more, the perks of an FAA career rival, and often exceed, those offered in the private sector.
We are committed to furthering the happiness and well-being of our employees and we believe that the benefits we offer help to do just that. They are an extension of the stable and supportive work environment you will encounter at FAA.
Benefits are offered to all FAA employees and include:
- Federal Benefits
- A variety of health and life insurance plans as well as leave and retirement options.
- WorkLife Benefits
- An FAA-specific program that offers a wide variety of services and programs to help you with everything from counseling to child care and much more.
- Salary Info
- Salaries for FAA employees vary by pay plans and also involve Locality Pay reflective of where you work.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- We encourage all our employees to pursue advanced degrees and continuing professional development. Tuition assistance programs are offered through the Federal Student Loan Repayment Program.
With our combination of challenging, rewarding work and generous benefits, it's easy to see why the FAA has remained an employer of choice.
As a Federal employee, you'll receive a benefits package that rivals, if not surpasses, those offered in the private sector. It includes a variety of insurance, retirement, leave and flexible spending options for employees and their families. The comprehensive package is designed to provide employees with the tools and care they need to be happy and healthy at work and at home.
Federal benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- Employees may enroll in one of several health plans that fit your health needs, with the Federal Government contributing approximately 60-75 percent of the premiums. Options for long-term care are also included.
- Life Insurance
- The Federal Employees' Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) protects your family from financial hardship in the event of your death. All employees entering into Federal service are automatically provided basic coverage.
- Holidays and Leave
- Federal employees receive 13 days of paid holidays, as well as annual leave, Family Medical and Leave Act, sick leave and more.
- FAA employees may participate in the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS), a three-tiered retirement plan that includes Social Security benefits, the FERS Basic Benefit Plan and Thrift Savings Plan (TSP).
All benefits go into effect two weeks after employment begins. Learn more about Federal benefits.
Ensuring that our employees find the right balance between work and everything else in life is an important goal for the FAA. Whether you find yourself coping with work-related stress and in need of counseling or you're searching for child care, we work to provide you with a solution. Help is available to all FAA employees through our WorkLife Solutions, which includes the following benefits:
- Personal Counseling (EAP)
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) puts employees who are facing problems or concerns (stress and anxiety, change, marital or relationship problems, etc.) in touch with a network of licensed and experienced counselors. The service is already paid for by FAA and includes up to eight confidential counseling sessions.
- Elder Care Services
- Assists employees who have elderly parents or relatives connect with a trained geriatric care professional who can assess the relative's condition and recommend the proper care.
- Concierge Services
- Puts employees in contact with a consultant who can assist them with everything from planning a move to find a doctor in their area.
- Health & Wellness
- Healthyroads, FAA's health and wellness program, provides employees with tools, planners and other resources to help with everything from weight loss to smoking cessation to simply maintaining good overall health.
- Legal & Financial Services
- Provides personal legal and financial assistance from trained professionals, as well as access to many online tools and resources.
- Child Services
- Helps employees find programs and services to help with a variety of child-related issues, from finding basic child care to navigating the adoption process to raising a teenager. Provides child care subsidy for employees who meet eligibility.
- Support Tools for Managers
- Assists managers in motivating employees, reviewing performance, ensuring productivity and solving other work-related issues through unbiased assistance.
- Employees can explore options to perform their duties from an alternative worksite.
FAA is not governed by the General Schedule (GS) pay system. Instead, salaries for FAA employees are categorized into six different pay plans determined by your job category and experience level. Pay plans are as follows:
- Core Compensation Plan (FV)
- A "pay for performance" plan that recognizes, rewards and encourages individual contributions and organizational success. You are assigned a pay band based on your job category and level of responsibility for your position. Most FAA employees are on Core Compensation Plans.
- Air Traffic (AT) and Air Traffic Specialized Pay Plans (ATSPP)
- Applies to Air Traffic Control Specialists (ATCS) and Traffic Management Specialists (TMC/TMS).
- Manager, Supervisor & Staff Pay Plan (MSS ATC)
- Applies to Air Traffic managers, supervisors, operations and support employees, and other staff.
- Executive Compensation Plan (EV)
- Applies to Officers, Executives and Senior Professionals who are part of the FAA Executive System (FAAES).
- FG Pay Plan
- Similar to the Federal General Schedule (GS), applies to mainly salaried employees whose positions have not yet been converted to the Core Compensation Plan.
- FW Pay Plan
- Similar to the Federal Wage System (WG, WL, WS), covers employees who are paid by the hour.
In addition to these competitive base salaries, we also offer Locality Pay and Non-Foreign Cost-of-Living Allowances that are dependent upon your geographic location and reflect the relative cost of labor across the country.
Working at FAA offers a unique opportunity to experience a career where your impact not only reaches throughout the aviation industry, but around the world.
More About Working Here »