April 17, 2014 – The FAA extends the compliance deadline for new rules for helicopter operations, including air ambulances.
April 14, 2014 – The FAA completes equipment installation for ADS-B, the key satellite-based component of NextGen.
April 2, 2014 – FAA will consider whether to allow some private pilots to substitute a driver’s license for an FAA medical certificate.
- FAA Completes Nationwide Equipment Installation for NextGen Aircraft Tracking System (04/14/2014)
- FAA Proposes $547,500 Civil Penalty Against Hawaiian Airlines (04/14/2014)
- FAA Announces the Republic of the Philippines’ Aviation Safety Rating (04/09/2014)
- The Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Wildlife Hazard Mitigation Program (04/09/2014)
- Engineered Material Arresting System (EMAS) (04/04/2014)
- Sleep Apnea in Aviation (03/28/2014)
- AAAE Forecast Conference, “Steady and Reliable” (03/13/2014)
- NextGen Advisory Committee Meeting (NAC), “NextGen Advisory Committee Meeting (NAC)” (02/20/2014)
- Singapore Aerospace Technology Conference, “Maintenance Matters” (02/10/2014)
- Deputy Administrator Michael G. Whitaker before the House Transportation & Infrastructure Committee Subcommittee on Aviation concerning Moving NextGen Forward: Leveraging the Assets of the William J. Hughes Technical Center (03/11/2014)
- Deputy Administrator Michael G. Whitaker before the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee on Aviation concerning NextGen Priorities Roundtable (02/27/2014)
- Administrator Michael Huerta before the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee on Aviation concerning FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012 – Two Years Later (02/05/2014)