The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) participates in Facebook to engage with individuals and organizations about topics related to the FAA's mission of aviation safety.
If you are an FAA Employee, you are responsible for reading and understanding this policy, as well as complying with the rules and guidelines in the DOT Social Media Policy.
- Content Disclaimer
- Acceptable Comments
- Unacceptable Comments
- Comment Review Period
- Intellectual Property Notice
- FAA Privacy Notice
The FAA's official website is www.faa.gov. The FAA is using this third-party site to share information in a different format that may be useful or interesting and is being provided for informational purposes only. However, FAA cannot attest to the accuracy of all of the information provided by this site or any other non-FAA.gov linked sites. Posted comments and images do not necessarily represent the views of FAA. External, non-FAA links on this site do not constitute official endorsement on behalf of FAA.
We welcome your comments, ideas, and concerns. However, we expect conversations to follow the conventions of civil discourse. While we encourage fans to share thoughts and opinions on the FAA Facebook page, we expect that this will be done in a respectful manner.
The FAA does not agree with or endorse every comment that individuals post on our pages. Our goal is to share ideas and information with as many individuals as possible and our policy is to accept the majority of comments posted on our Facebook Wall.
A comment will be deleted if it contains:
- Off-topic or irrelevant posts, or posts that involve personal or non-FAA activities
- Hate speech directed at race, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, or disability
- Overly aggressive, obscene, or profane language, photos, or images
- Statements that defame, harass, abuse, stalk, threaten, or in any way infringe on the rights of others
- Statements that encourage criminal conduct or otherwise violates any law or regulation in any jurisdiction
- Promotion of services, products, or political organizations
- Material that is copyrighted or trademarked
- Spam or links to inappropriate sites
- Disclosure of "personally identifiable information," proprietary or privileged information, or information that could compromise the Agency's security
- Other comments that the FAA Social Media team deems inappropriate
All links posted as comments on FAA posts will be reviewed and may be deleted. Repeated violations may cause the author to be blocked from the FAA Facebook page.
Comment Review Period
We recognize that the Internet is a medium unbound by regular business hours and your comments are welcome at any time. However, given the need to manage federal resources, comments will be reviewed only during regular business hours Monday through Friday.
Intellectual Property Notice
Except where otherwise noted, content on the FAA Facebook site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. Content includes all materials posted by FAA. In addition, visitors to this website agree to grant a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free license to the rest of the world for their submissions to this site under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. A copy of this license is available online at CreativeCommons.org. Members of the public should honor intellectual property laws and post only content they have the right to post.
FAA Privacy Notice
To protect your privacy, please do not include information (e.g., an email address, phone number, or formal FAA position) in the text of your comment that identifies you.
If you use this website or application to communicate with FAA, you may be providing non-government third parties with access to personally identifiable information (PII) about you. Any PII about you that becomes available through your use of this third-party Website or application will not be maintained, used, or shared by FAA, except as described in the Privacy Impact Assessment.
Additional guidance as to how FAA regards privacy issues can be found within the Privacy and Website Policy.
- For questions about the FAA's use of Facebook, please contact: SocialMedia@FAA.gov.
- For media inquiries, please visit: FAA Public Affairs.
- For general questions about the FAA, please visit: Contact FAA.