The Deputy Assistant Administrator for Regions and Property Operations (ARO) reports to the FAA Assistant Administrator for Finance & Management and leads a nation-wide organization through a headquarters office in Washington, D.C. and nine regional offices strategically located across the country.
We provide government, Department of Transportation, and FAA-wide services in
- financial systems and operations
- emergency readiness (command, control, and communications)
- information services
- business application development
- technical, executive/managerial, and international training
- logistics services for real estate and materiel management
- National Airspace System Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and Supply Chain Management
- public and governmental outreach
ARO also provides leadership within the FAA on issues and programs involving multiple FAA organizations and aviation disciplines, such as runway development related to FAA's Operational Evolution Plan (OEP) and establishment of procedures/standards related to the Airports Obstructions Standards Committee (AOSC).
These services are part of the vital support infrastructure needed to maintain strong, safe, and efficient national and international aviation systems and are directly involved in accomplishment of the FAA Flight Plan goals:
- Increased Safety
- Greater Capacity
- International Leadership
- Organizational Excellence