Operators of Part 139 airports must provide aircraft rescue and firefighting (ARFF) services during air carrier operations that require a Part 139 certificate. The guidance and resources below address ARFF training, ARFF vehicles, and other aviation fire and rescue requirements. More on Part 139 >>
March 26, 2015: Lessons Learned From Transport Airplane Accidents
The Lessons Learned Library includes historically significant, policy shaping accidents, and makes the lessons learned from their review available to the public.
- March 3, 2015: Introduction to Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF) Video Series
This 11-part ARFF training series discusses Title 14 CFR Section 139, AC 150/5210-17, NFPA Standards, and more.
- February 19, 2015: Department of Defense (DoD) Qualified Product Database (QPD)
Airport operators holding FAA Airport Operating Certificates can use the QPD to ensure any Aqueous Film Forming Foam (AFFF) they purchase conforms to MIL-F-24385.
- Receive email alerts when this page is updated!
Part 139 Airports and Requirements
- Part 139 Airport Certification Status List (including ARFF Index) (MS Excel)
- Part 139, Certification of Airports
ARFF and First Responder Training
- Introduction to Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF)
- Ballistic Parachute System Familiarization (Module 4)
- Systems and Material Hazards for Rescuers (module 5)
- First Responder Safety at a Small Aircraft or Helicopter Accident
View the Complete List of Airport CertAlerts
|10017||Risks in Transporting Lithium Batteries in Cargo by Aircraft (PDF)|
|10016||Missing or Improper Seat Stops in Cessna Model (PDF)|
View the Complete List of SAFOs
|Conference Proceedings 47||Research on the Transmission of Disease in Airports and on Aircraft|
|Conference Proceedings 41||Interagency-Aviation Industry Collaboration on Planning for Pandemic Outbreaks|
|National Cooperative Highway Research Program Report 525||Guidelines for Transportation Emergency Training Exercises|
Visit the TRB Website
- 2012 Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG)
- FAA Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting Research Program
- Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting Vehicle Rollover Study On-Line Reporting System
- Airport Safety Reports