We circulate Draft Advisory Circulars to interested industry associations to obtain comments and recommendations for action. To receive email alerts when we post new Draft ACs, select the "Subscribe" link above.
|Number||Title||Current AC||Deadline for Comments|
|150/5200-28G (PDF, 1.2 MB)||
Draft AC 150/5200-28G, Notices to Air Missions (NOTAMs) for Airport Operators (posted 07/20/2021)
This draft AC contains the FAA standards for airport operators on the issuance of Notices to Air Missions (NOTAMs). It provides guidance on using the NOTAM system for airport condition reporting and procedures used to describe, format, and disseminate information on unanticipated or temporary changes to components of, or hazards in, the National Airspace System (NAS).
|150/5190-4B (PDF, 3.5 MB)||
Draft AC 150/5190-4B, Airport Land Use Compatibility Planning (posted 06/22/2021)
This AC is intended to help airports comply with their grant assurances concerning all the compatible land use issues, including obstructions and hazard to airport navigation, airport noise, wildlife and bird hazard attractants, and protection of persons and property on the ground. It will also help a broad audience, including local land use planning authorities, better understand the effects of non-compatible land use on the safety and utility of airport operations and identify compatible land use development tools and techniques to protect surrounding communities from adverse effects associated with airport operations.
Once published, this AC will replace AC 150/5190-4A, Model Zoning Ordinance to Limit Height of Objects Around Airports, dated December 14, 1987, and the Interim Guidance on Land Uses Within a Runway Protection Zone (RPZ), dated September 2012.
Procedure for Commenting on Draft ACs
Please see the industry letter for each draft to determine specific instructions for submitting comments. If you are a member of one of the following industry organizations, you can also submit your comments via the organization.
- Air Line Pilots Association
- Air Transport Association of America
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association
- Airport Consultants Council
- Airports Council International--North America
- Allied Pilots Association
- American Association of Airport Executives
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- American Society of Civil Engineers (Transportation & Development Institute) 1
- DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation 2
- Experimental Aircraft Association
- General Aviation Manufacturers Association
- Helicopter Association International
- International Air Transport Association
- National Air Transportation Association
- National Association of State Aviation Officials
- National Business Aviation Association
- Regional Airline Association
Note 1 - For ASCE, submit comments to:
Jonathan C. Esslinger, P.E.
Director, Transportation & Development Institute of ASCE.
Note 2 - For DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation, submit comments to:
DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation
SAF/AQKT Room 4E128
Washington, DC 20330-1060