We circulate Draft Advisory Circulars to interested industry associations to obtain comments and recommendations for action. To receive email alerts when we post new Draft ACs, select the "Subscribe" link above.
|Number||Title||Current AC||Deadline for Comments|
|150/5200-18D (PDF, 1.3 MB)||
Draft AC 150/5200-18D, Airport Safety Self-Inspection (posted 09/18/2019)
|150/5XXX (PDF, 2.5 MB)||
Draft AC 150/5XXX-XX, Filing Notice of Construction or Alteration Located on a Public Use Airport (posted 09/04/2019)
This draft AC provides guidance for quality submissions of proposed construction or alteration in accordance with 14 Code of Federal Regulation Part 77.
|150/5210-7E (PDF, 378 KB)||
Draft AC 150/5210-7E, Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting Communications (posted 06/13/2019)
This AC provides guidance to assist airport operators in preparing for Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF) communications.
|150/5210-14C (PDF, 347 KB)||
Draft AC 150/5210-14C, Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting Equipment, Tools and Clothing (posted 06/13/2019)
This AC contains references to the minimum standards for the selection and performance of aircraft rescue and firefighting personal protective equipment (PPE), self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), and powered rescue tools. Use of this AC will assist airport management in the development of local procurement specifications for ARFF equipment, tools and clothing. Equipment meeting the standards in this advisory circular will qualify as meeting the intent of Title 14 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 139, Certification of Airports.
|150/5100-13C (PDF, 291 KB)||
Draft AC 150/5100-13C, Development of State Aviation Standards for Construction at Non-primary Public-use Airports and Use of State Highway Material Specifications for Individual Projects (posted 06/18/2019)
This AC provides guidelines for the development of State Aviation Standards for Non-primary Public-use Airports as provided for in Title 49 United States Code (USC) section 47105(c) and Title 49 USC section 47114(d)(5). It also provides guidelines for the use of State Highway Material Specifications for airport pavement construction at non-primary public-use airports.
Procedure for Commenting on Draft ACs
Please see the industry letter for each draft to determine specific instructions for submitting comments. If you are a member of one of the following industry organizations, you can also submit your comments via the organization.
- Air Line Pilots Association
- Air Transport Association of America
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association
- Airport Consultants Council
- Airports Council International--North America
- Allied Pilots Association
- American Association of Airport Executives
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- American Society of Civil Engineers (Transportation & Development Institute) 1
- DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation 2
- Experimental Aircraft Association
- General Aviation Manufacturers Association
- Helicopter Association International
- International Air Transport Association
- National Air Transportation Association
- National Association of State Aviation Officials
- National Business Aviation Association
- Regional Airline Association
Note 1 - For ASCE, submit comments to:
Jonathan C. Esslinger, P.E.
Director, Transportation & Development Institute of ASCE.
Note 2 - For DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation, submit comments to:
DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation
SAF/AQKT Room 4E128
Washington, DC 20330-1060