We circulate Draft Advisory Circulars to interested industry associations to obtain comments and recommendations for action. To receive email alerts when we post new Draft ACs, select the "Subscribe" link above.
|Number||Title||Current AC||Deadline for Comments|
|150/5210-19B (PDF, 231 KB)||
Draft AC 150/5210-19B, Driver’s Enhanced Vision System (DEVS) (posted 04/10/2019)
The standards and guidelines contained in this AC are practices the FAA recommends in establishing an acceptable level of safety, performance and operation of DEVS equipment on Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF) vehicles.
|150/5200-33C (PDF, 598 KB)||
Draft AC 150/5200-33C, Hazardous Wildlife Attractants On or Near Airports (2019) (posted 01/18/2019)
This AC provides guidance on certain land uses that have the potential to attract hazardous wildlife on or near public-use airports. It also discusses airport development projects (including airport construction, expansion, and renovation) affecting aircraft movement near hazardous wildlife attractants.
|150/5345-28H (PDF, 240 KB)||
Draft 150/5345-28H, Precision Approach Path Indicator (PAPI) Systems (posted 01/15/2019)
This AC contains the FAA standards for the Precision Approach Path Indicator (PAPI) systems, which provide pilots with visual glideslope guidance during approach for landing.
|150/5210-23 (PDF, 837 KB)||
Draft Addendum to AC 150/5210-23, ARFF Vehicle and High Reach Extendable Turret (HRET) Operation, Training and Qualifications (posted 01/10/2019)
This addendum and associated quick reference guide provide information on ARFF Vehicle and High Reach Extendable Turret (HRET) hand signals.
Procedure for Commenting on Draft ACs
Please see the industry letter for each draft to determine specific instructions for submitting comments. If you are a member of one of the following industry organizations, you can also submit your comments via the organization.
- Air Line Pilots Association
- Air Transport Association of America
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association
- Airport Consultants Council
- Airports Council International--North America
- Allied Pilots Association
- American Association of Airport Executives
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- American Society of Civil Engineers (Transportation & Development Institute) 1
- DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation 2
- Experimental Aircraft Association
- General Aviation Manufacturers Association
- Helicopter Association International
- International Air Transport Association
- National Air Transportation Association
- National Association of State Aviation Officials
- National Business Aviation Association
- Regional Airline Association
Note 1 - For ASCE, submit comments to:
Jonathan C. Esslinger, P.E.
Director, Transportation & Development Institute of ASCE.
Note 2 - For DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation, submit comments to:
DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation
SAF/AQKT Room 4E128
Washington, DC 20330-1060