We circulate Draft Advisory Circulars to interested industry associations to obtain comments and recommendations for action. To receive email alerts when we post new Draft ACs, select the "Subscribe" link above.
|Number||Title||Current AC||Deadline for Comments|
|150/5220-10F (PDF, 1.3 MB)||
Draft AC 150/5220-10F, Guide Specification for Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF) Vehicles (posted 04/06/2022)
This draft provides specifications that airports can use in procuring Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF) vehicles.
Note: The interactivity in the attached draft AC is not active due to software obsolescence issues. We are working on a solution for this issue and will have a replacement when the final AC is published.
|150/5020-1A (PDF, 3.6 MB)||
Draft AC 150/5020-1A, Noise Control and Compatibility Planning for Airports (posted 01/12/2022)
See last paragraph below for instructions on submitting comments.
This AC provides guidance on conducting an Airport Noise and Land Use Compatibility Planning Study in accordance with the Title 14 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 150 regulations. Commonly referred to as Part 150 studies, these studies consist of a combined Noise Exposure Map (NEM) and Noise Compatibility Program (NCP) with noise mitigation and abatement measures. This AC is independent from guidance on Airport Improvement Program (AIP) or Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) eligibility and justification. Use of this AC does not establish or ensure project eligibility or justification for AIP or PFC funding.
How to Submit Comments
Procedure for Commenting on Draft ACs
Please see the industry letter for each draft to determine specific instructions for submitting comments. If you are a member of one of the following industry organizations, you can also submit your comments via the organization.
- Air Line Pilots Association
- Air Transport Association of America
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association
- Airport Consultants Council
- Airports Council International--North America
- Allied Pilots Association
- American Association of Airport Executives
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- American Society of Civil Engineers (Transportation & Development Institute) 1
- DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation 2
- Experimental Aircraft Association
- General Aviation Manufacturers Association
- Helicopter Association International
- International Air Transport Association
- National Air Transportation Association
- National Association of State Aviation Officials
- National Business Aviation Association
- Regional Airline Association
Note 1 - For ASCE, submit comments to:
Jonathan C. Esslinger, P.E.
Director, Transportation & Development Institute of ASCE.
Note 2 - For DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation, submit comments to:
DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation
SAF/AQKT Room 4E128
Washington, DC 20330-1060