We circulate Draft Advisory Circulars to interested industry associations to obtain comments and recommendations for action. To receive email alerts when we post new Draft ACs, select the "Subscribe" link above.
|Number||Title||Current AC||Deadline for Comments|
|150/5200-30D (PDF, 597 KB)||
Draft Change 2 to AC 150/5200-30D, Airport Field Condition Assessments and Winter Operations Safety (posted 12/12/2019)
Change 2 provides guidance to airport operators on snow removal around airport NAVAIDs and on when to issue new runway condition reports.
The Change file only includes pages revised by this Change. For the complete document, see AC 150/5200-30D.
|150/5000-9B (PDF, 8.2 MB)||
Draft AC 150/5000-9B, Guidelines for Sound Insulation of Structures Exposed to Aircraft Noise (posted 10/28/2019)
This advisory circular provides guidance on developing and managing sound insulation programs (SIP) that mitigate noise impacts to structures exposed to aircraft noise around airports.
Procedure for Commenting on Draft ACs
Please see the industry letter for each draft to determine specific instructions for submitting comments. If you are a member of one of the following industry organizations, you can also submit your comments via the organization.
- Air Line Pilots Association
- Air Transport Association of America
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association
- Airport Consultants Council
- Airports Council International--North America
- Allied Pilots Association
- American Association of Airport Executives
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- American Society of Civil Engineers (Transportation & Development Institute) 1
- DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation 2
- Experimental Aircraft Association
- General Aviation Manufacturers Association
- Helicopter Association International
- International Air Transport Association
- National Air Transportation Association
- National Association of State Aviation Officials
- National Business Aviation Association
- Regional Airline Association
Note 1 - For ASCE, submit comments to:
Jonathan C. Esslinger, P.E.
Director, Transportation & Development Institute of ASCE.
Note 2 - For DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation, submit comments to:
DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation
SAF/AQKT Room 4E128
Washington, DC 20330-1060