We circulate Draft Advisory Circulars to interested industry associations to obtain comments and recommendations for action. To receive email alerts when we post new Draft ACs, select the "Subscribe" link above.
|Number||Title||Current AC||Deadline for Comments|
|150/5000 (PDF, 303 KB)||
Draft AC 150/5000-XX, Critical Aircraft and Regular Use Determination (posted 09/23/2015)
This advisory circular defines the term Critical Aircraft and provides guidance on the use of Critical Aircraft in the conduct of facility planning studies for federally obligated airports.
|150/5100-20 (PDF, 776 KB)||
Draft AC 150/5100-20, Guidance on the Extraction of Oil and Gas at Federally Obligated Airports (posted 09/29/2015)
This AC discusses oil and gas development on federally obligated airport land, including any drilling that penetrates the subsurface of the airport owned land. This AC does not create new requirements for on-airport or nearby off-airport land use or development. It describes how existing FAA policy, guidance, standards, and obligations, as well as other applicable laws and regulations, apply to proposed oil and gas extraction from obligated airports (both use of surface land and extraction of subsurface minerals/oil/gas).
Procedure for Commenting on Draft ACs
Unless specifically noted, we generally accept comments only from recognized industry organizations. If you would like to comment on a Draft Advisory Circular, please submit your comments to one of the organizations listed below.
- Air Line Pilots Association
- Air Transport Association of America
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association
- Airport Consultants Council
- Airports Council International--North America
- Allied Pilots Association
- American Association of Airport Executives
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- American Society of Civil Engineers (Transportation & Development Institute) 1
- DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation 2
- Experimental Aircraft Association
- General Aviation Manufacturers Association
- Helicopter Association International
- International Air Transport Association
- National Air Transportation Association
- National Association of State Aviation Officials
- National Business Aviation Association
- Regional Airline Association
Note 1 - For ASCE, submit comments to:
Jonathan C. Esslinger, P.E.
Director, Transportation & Development Institute of ASCE.
Note 2 - For DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation, submit comments to:
DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation
SAF/AQKT Room 4E128
Washington, DC 20330-1060