We circulate Draft Advisory Circulars to interested industry associations to obtain comments and recommendations for action. To receive email alerts when we post new Draft ACs, select the "Subscribe" link above.
|Number||Title||Current AC||Deadline for Comments|
|150/5300-14D (PDF, 5.7 MB)||
Draft AC 150/5300-14D, Design of Aircraft Deicing Facilities (posted 09/04/2018)
This AC provides standards and guidance for designing aircraft deicing facilities.
Note: For the draft, the FAA specifically requests comment on the continued use of the color red for the Vehicle Safety Zone on aircraft deicing aprons.
|150/5345-3H (PDF, 890 KB)||
Draft AC 150/5345-3H, Panels for the Control of Airport Lighting (posted 09/04/2018)
This AC provides the specified manufacturing requirements for panels used for remote control of airport lighting and auxiliary systems. This draft reviews the mandatory inclusion of the emergency generator switch and light on a L-821 Lighting Control Panel.
|150/5345-5C (PDF, 158 KB)||
Draft AC 150/5345-5C, Specifications for Airport Lighting Circuit Selector Switch (posted 09/04/2018)
This AC contains a specification for a circuit selector switch for use in airport lighting circuits.
|150/5345-39E (PDF, 156 KB)||
Draft AC 150/5345-39E, Specification for L-853, Runway and Taxiway Retroreflective Markers (posted 07/23/2018)
This advisory circular contains the FAA standards for retroreflective markers for airport runways and taxiways.
|150/5300-16B (PDF, 5.8 MB)||
Draft AC 150/5300-16B, General Guidance and Specifications for Aeronautical Surveys: Establishment of Geodetic Control and Submission to the National Geodetic Survey (posted 07/20/2018)
Explains the specifications for establishing geodetic control on or near an airport. It also describes how to submit the information to the National Geodetic Survey (NGS) for approval and inclusion in the National Spatial Reference System (NSRS) in support of aeronautical information surveys.
Procedure for Commenting on Draft ACs
Please see the industry letter for each draft to determine specific instructions for submitting comments. If you are a member of one of the following industry organizations, you can also submit your comments via the organization.
- Air Line Pilots Association
- Air Transport Association of America
- Aircraft Owners & Pilots Association
- Airport Consultants Council
- Airports Council International--North America
- Allied Pilots Association
- American Association of Airport Executives
- American Council of Engineering Companies
- American Society of Civil Engineers (Transportation & Development Institute) 1
- DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation 2
- Experimental Aircraft Association
- General Aviation Manufacturers Association
- Helicopter Association International
- International Air Transport Association
- National Air Transportation Association
- National Association of State Aviation Officials
- National Business Aviation Association
- Regional Airline Association
Note 1 - For ASCE, submit comments to:
Jonathan C. Esslinger, P.E.
Director, Transportation & Development Institute of ASCE.
Note 2 - For DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation, submit comments to:
DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation
SAF/AQKT Room 4E128
Washington, DC 20330-1060