- Deviation Memo AIR100-15-140-DM59 (PDF), Deviation to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Order 8100.8D, Designee Management Handbook, Regarding 4-Month Extension for Individuals Required to Complete the Flight Test, Mechanical Systems, and Propulsion/Powerplant Recurrent Training.
- 2015 General Session Schedule
- 2016 General Session Schedule
- General Session Location Rotation
- ODA Part II Training
- Renewal Requirements
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Designee Training Program - Archives
In recent years, the Engineering Designee Recurrent Seminar Training has continued to undergo significant revisions and has evolved into a "Engineering Designee Training Program". Our training program offers a blend of Initial and Recurrent training for Engineering Designees, Initial Organization Designation Authorization (ODA) and ODA Part II Training for AIR Engineering Designees.
While some of the material learned in long term evolution training programs is intricate, our goal is to make it as simplified and easy to understand as possible. For help and community support, view our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
The following courses are offered:
- Electrical - Online
- Structures - Online
- Mechanical Systems - Online
- Powerplant - Online
- Flight Test - Online
- Acoustical - Seminar
- Software - Instructor-Led
EDR & ODA Training
- Engineering Designee Initial Training - Online
- Repairs and Alterations for AIR Engineering Designees - Online
- ODA Seminar
- ODA Engineering Initial Training - Online
- ODA Applicant Training, Part I - Online
- ODA, Part II: Major Repairs, Major Alterations and Airworthiness (MRA) - Online
- ODA, Part II: Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA) - Online
- ODA, Part II: Production Certification (PC) - Online
- ODA, Part II: Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) - Online
- ODA, Part II: Technical Standard Order Authorization (TSOA) - Online
- ODA, Part II: Type Certification (TC) - Online
The General Session will NOT be converted to an on-line session. It will remain an 'in person' seminar. Designees should still register for the General Session at the location they wish to attend. Register now through the Designee Registration System.
Registration will open when firm dates and lodging become available. Check back often for updates. Visit our Frequently Asked Questions to learn, "How to get notified when a course becomes available?"
|Fort Worth||April 22, 2015||Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel
|Boston||May 13, 2015||Embassy Suites Boston-Logan Airport
|Anchorage||June 9, 2015||Anchorage Marriott Downtown
|Atlanta||July 22, 2015||Hyatt Regency Atlanta
|Seattle||August 19, 2015||Seattle Airport Marriott
|Chicago||November 18, 2015||Chicago Marriott O'Hare
|Los Angeles||December 9, 2015||The Westin Long Beach
|Wichita||March 9, 2016||TBD|
|Fort Worth||April 13, 2016||TBD|
|New York||May 11, 2016||TBD|
|Denver||July 20, 2016||TBD|
|Seattle||August 17, 2016||TBD|
|Los Angeles||September 14, 2016||TBD|
|Atlanta||October - TBD||TBD|
|Fort Worth||Fort Worth||Fort Worth|
|May||Boston||New York||Boston||New York|
|September||Chicago||Los Angeles||Los Angeles||Los Angeles|
The requirements for DER Recurrent training are contained in Para 803 (g) of FAA Order 8100.8D. The online training has NOT changed that requirement. For example, if you last completed recurrent training anytime in 2014 then you must complete recurrent training during 2016, i.e. before January 1, 2017.
FAA Order 8100.8D paragraph 803.g. states: "DERs must attend a recurrent seminar every 2 calendar years to maintain their knowledge of the regulations and policies and as a condition for renewal. DERs may satisfy the 2 year requirement by attending a DER seminar in the calendar year it is due."
- Contact us: Engineering Designee Training Program
- Designee Registration System
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Designee Training Program - Course Topics
- Designee Training Program - Archives
Visit our page often to stay current with program updates.