Planning & Capacity
On this Page...
Links to information on airport design and airport planning, Airport Improvement Program (AIP) guidance, airport funding, airport documents and forms, and other Central Region Airports Division Planning and Airport Capacity information.
- Agricultural Activities - Refer to Section 2-6 of AC 150/5200-33 "Hazardous Wildlife Attractants on or near Airports"
- AIP Sponsor Guide - Central Region Supplemental Guidance
- 0500 - Planning (PDF, 216 KB)
- 510 - NPIAS
- 515 - Master Plan
- 520 - Airport Layout Plans (ALP)
- 530 - Environmental Review
- 540 - Airport Site Investigations
- 550 - Runway Protection Zones
- 560 - Airport Property Interests
- 570 - Apron Design
- 580 - Planning Resources
- 0600 - Project Formulation (PDF, 110 KB)
- 0610 - Requesting Aid: ACIP
- 0620 - Benefit/Cost Analysis
- Airport Design - Advisory Circular 150/5300-13.
- Airport System Planning Process - Advisory Circular 150/5070-7 provides FAA guidance for the preparation of airport system plans.
- Benefit/Cost Analysis
- FAA Guidance
- Master Planning Guide - Advisory Circular 150/5070-6 provides FAA guidance for the preparation of airport master plans.
- CIP Data Sheet: MS Word (220 KB), PDF (35 KB) - Recommended format for requesting a project under the Airport Improvement Program
- 5 Year CIP and Long Term CIP: MS Word (307 KB), PDF (69 KB) - Suggested forms for developing a short-term and long-term Capital Improvement Plan for an airport
Tools and Aids
- ALP Design Checklist: MS Word (307 KB), PDF (69 KB) - Checklist for reviewing conformity of Airport Layout Plan with AIP design standards
- Design Standards Quick Reference - Access links to engineering, design, and construction standards for various airport-related equipment, facilities, and structures
- GA Apron Design Spreadsheet (MS Excel, 46 KB) - Spreadsheet to assist in the sizing of aprons for itinerant aircraft - Updated 3/16/2010
- Snow Removal Equipment Spreadsheet (MS Excel, 41 KB) - Sizing of rotary plow capacity and snow plow blade length. This calculator automates the worksheet from the Advisory Circular AC 150/5220-20 Airport Snow & Ice Control Equipment.
- Geodetic Calculators - NOAA Applications for calculating geodetic positions and azimuths
- Magnetic Declination - NOAA Application to determine magnetic declination for a specific geodetic position