Section 4. Alert Notices (ALNOTs)
- If the replies to the are negative, or if the aircraft is not located within 1 hour after transmission of the INREQ, whichever occurs first, the destination station must transmit an addressed to:
- Flight Plan Originator (If other than AISR).
- KSARYCYX (Includes and AISR).
- KxxxYAYX (appropriate Regional Operations Center (ROC)).
- Add s 50NM either side of route.
- BASOPS if destination or departure tie-in facility, or the home base of the aircraft.
- Other addresses deemed beneficial to the search by the specialist.
- Expand the communications search area to that area extending 50 miles on either side of the proposed route of flight from the last reported position to the destination. The search area may be expanded to the maximum range of the aircraft at the request of the RCC or by the destination station.
- If the departure airport, route of flight, destination airport, or alternate airports are within 50 miles of the Great Lakes, notify Cleveland RCC via recorded telecommunications line.
- Include all information from the INREQ, plus any additional information received that could assist in search activities. Provide the aircraft's last known position as the final item in the message. The message text must begin with the contraction “ALNOT,” followed by the aircraft identification.
[flight plan information]
[additional pertinent information]
- Ten minutes after the ALNOT is issued, call the RCC to ensure delivery of the ALNOT and to answer any inquiries.
- Alaska: Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson, RCC at 907-551-7230, 800-420-7230, or DSN 317-551-7230.
- RCC (Tyndall AFB) phone numbers are: 800-851-3051 or 850-283-5955.
- If additional pertinent information is received, transmit the information, as necessary, to all original addressees.
- Immediately conduct an expanded communications search of those airports which fall within the ALNOT search area that could accommodate the aircraft and that were not checked during the INREQ search. Notify the appropriate ATC facilities. Request the appropriate law enforcement agency to check airports which cannot be contacted otherwise.
- For ARTCC issued ALNOTS, coordinate with the issuing facility to determine the extent of communications already completed prior to contacting airports and other ATC facilities whose flight plan area extends into the ALNOT search area.
- Within 1 hour after receipt of the ALNOT, notify the originator of the results or status of the communications search. Transmit pertinent information, such as aircraft location or position report, to the destination station.
ALNOT N1234A [status report]
ALNOT N1234A [final report]
- Broadcast the ALNOT on all available frequencies within the ALNOT search area.
- Request search assistance from aircraft traversing the search area.
If the expanded communications search fails to locate the aircraft, or if 1 hour has elapsed since ALNOT transmission, whichever occurs first, the destination station must call the RCC with a status update. When appropriate, update Cleveland RCC. Provide RCC with all pertinent information about the overdue aircraft not already provided in the ALNOT which may include:
- Agency and the person calling.
- Details of the flight plan. If the aircraft was not on a flight plan, include all the facts about the source of the report.
- Time the last radio transmission was received, by whom, and the frequency used.
- Last position report.
- Whether an signal was heard or reported along the route of flight.
- Action taken and the proposed action by the reporting .
- Furnish positions of other aircraft known to be along or near the route of flight of the missing aircraft.
The ALNOT remains current until the aircraft is located and/or the search is suspended by the RCC. In either case, the ALNOT originator must transmit a cancellation message with the location of the aircraft, if known, addressed to all recipients of the original ALNOT. Each facility must notify all previously alerted facilities and agencies of the cancellation.
ALNOT N12345 CNLD ACFT LCTD JAX
ALNOT N1513B CNLD SEARCH SUSPENDED