April 17 – The FAA extends the compliance deadline for new rules for helicopter operations, including air ambulances.
April 14 – The FAA completes equipment installation for ADS-B, the key satellite-based component of NextGen.
April 2 – FAA will consider whether to allow some private pilots to substitute a driver?s license for an FAA medical certificate.
March 31 – The FAA has begun a one-year project to demonstrate data collection for general aviation flights.
March 28 – The FAA has asked industry medical representatives to review guidance for aviation medical examiners on sleep.
Regulations and Guidelines
Recent Regulations and Guidelines
- 20-181 - Airworthiness Approval of Attitude Heading Reference System (AHRS) Equipment (4/7/2014)
- 00-63A - Use of Cockpit Displays of Digital Weather and Aeronaitucal Information (4/7/2014)
- 20-138D - Airworthiness Approval of Positioning and Navigation Systems (3/28/2014)
- 25.795-9 - Chemical Oxygen Generator Security Standards (3/11/2014)
- 65-31B - Training, Qualification, and Certification of Nondestructive Inspection Personnel (2/24/2014)
- 2014-08-05 Rolls-Royce Deutschland Ltd & Co KG Turbofan Engines (published date - 4/18/2014)
- 2014-08-02 Airbus Airplanes (published date - 4/16/2014)
- 2014-08-03 Bombardier, Inc. Airplanes (published date - 4/16/2014)
- 2014-07-05 Fokker Services B.V. Airplanes (published date - 4/16/2014)
- 2014-07-04 Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation (Sikorsky) Helicopters (published date - 4/16/2014)
- FAA 8130-3 - Authorized Release Certificate, Airworthiness Approval Tag (2/1/2014)
- FAA 9550-5 - FINAL PROJECT REPORT (8/1/2013)
- FAA 8700-1 - INSTITUTION OF HIGHER EDUCATION'S APPLICATION FOR AUTHORITY TO CERTIFY ITS GRADUATES FOR AN AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT CERTIFICATE WITH REDUCED AERONAUTICAL EXPERIENCE (7/1/2013)
- FAA 8710-1 - Airman Certification And/or Rating Application (6/30/2013)
- 8110-28 - APPLICATION & STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATION (DME/DPRE/DAR-T/ODAR-T) (1/1/2013)
- JO 6140.17C - Remote Monitoring and Logging System (RMLS) Maintenance Handbook (4/2/2014)
- 8260.26F - Establishing Submission Cutoff Dates for Civil Instrument Flight Procedures (3/31/2014)
- 8000.371 - Text (3/27/2014)
- JO 7110.672 - Cancellation of N JO 7110.671, Non-Intersecting Converging Runway Operations for Miami International Airport (MIA) Airport Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) (4/10/2014)
- JO 7340.336 - Modification Per Order 7340.2, Contractions, Chapter 3, Sections 1, 2, 3 (4/9/2014)
- JO 7210.869 - Position Responsibilities (4/9/2014)
NextGen 1 Nautical Mile Between Takeoffs Conventional 3 Nautical Miles Between Takeoffs
Two miles are making a big difference at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport.
New satellite-based procedures are reducing the minimum separation standard while enhancing safety through precision navigation. The new procedures are increasing the number of departures at DFW by 15 to 20 percent per hour.
Look Up N-Numbers
Check Airport Status and Delays
- Ground Delays 2
- Airport Closures 0
- Ground Stops 0
- Arrival/Departure Delays 0
RT @FAASafetyBrief: You can now "subscribe" to navigational safety alerts and chart notices on the revamped AeroNav Products website! http:…
Pilots: There will be a TFR in Miami FL April 17 - 20 http://t.co/BaVZU45G7o
Pilots: There will be a TFR in Pittsburgh, PA on April 16 http://t.co/cbbLqHrCA8
Pilots: There will be a TFR in New York, NY on April 11 http://t.co/9UEpXc1S2w
Pilots: There will be TFRs in Killeen-Ft. Hood, TX on April 9 and Austin, TX on April 10. http://t.co/pasEk5usoR
Pilots: There will be a TFR in Houston, TX on April 9 http://t.co/AYatVmFP3f