The FAA supports and advocates plain language through the FAA Plain Language Program in the Office of Communications. The Plain Language Program trains employees throughout the FAA and supports Plainlanguage.gov, a website devoted to improving communication from the Federal government to the public.
Plain Language Resources
- The FAA Plain Language Tool Kit (PDF)
- Writing for the Web
- Writing Effective Letters
- Is This Plain Language? – Articles by Bruce V. Corsino, Psy.D., about important topics and best practices in plain language.
Standards and Guidelines
- FAA Plain Language Writing Standards (PDF)
- Plain Language Guidelines for the Federal Government (PDF)
- Plain Language: A Handbook for Writers in the U.S. Federal Government (PDF)