14 CFR Part 139 prescribes rules governing the certification and operation of airports in any State of the United States, the District of Columbia, or any territory or possession of the United States serving any scheduled passenger-carrying operations of an air carrier operating aircraft designed for more than 9 passenger seats and unscheduled operations of an air carrier operating aircraft designed for at least 31 passenger seats.
This part also applies to those portions of a joint-use or shared-use airport that are within the authority of a person serving passenger-carrying operations. This part does not apply to airports serving scheduled air carrier operations only by reason of being designated as an alternate airport.
- Part 139 process overview
- Airfield Condition Report form (PDF)
- Airport Safety Self-Inspection (PDF)
- Burn facility contacts
- CertAlert bulletins (Southern Region)
- Certification Safety Inspection Schedule (PDF)
- A Quick Reference to Airfield Standards (PDF)
- Tips for Operational Safety On Airports During Construction (PDF)
- The Wildlife Hazard Problem, Assessment, & Management Plan (PDF)
- USDA Wildlife Services contacts
- National guidance on Part 139 »
Available training Videos
The below videos have been produced by the FAA Office of Airports.
- Watch a video: Introduction to Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting (ARFF)
- Watch a video: Aircraft Rescue & Fire Fighting: Aircraft Forcible Entry, Fire Fighting with the HRET, Cargo Aircraft Fire Fighting