USA Banner

Official US Government Icon

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure Site Icon

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Site Notification

Site Notification

United States Department of Transportation United States Department of Transportation

Do I need a pilot license (certificate) to fly ultralights?

No, you do not need a pilot certificate (license) to fly ultralight vehicles. However, ultralight vehicles are subject to FAA's rules in 14 CFR 103.