Air travel is much more efficient when you have the up-to-date information that you need to plan and prepare for your trip. Here you will find real-time airport status and delay information, what to know before you go to the airport, and important safety information.
Know Before You Go
Think about what you need to do to get through screening quickly before you dress for travel or zip up your bags.
- Check airport status and delays.
- Check out Preparing to Fly for more information.
- View TSA's checklist of Travel Tips.
- Pack Safe before you fly.
Enroll in TSA Pre Check
If you fly often, consider TSA's program for expedited screening at certain airports and airlines.
Passenger Health & Safety
To maintain good health, be aware of travel advisories and disease outbreaks at your destination.
Flying for People with Disabilities, Children, and Pets
- Information about Family Travel
- If you or someone you know will require accommodations while flying, read about Passengers with Disabilities.
- If you are flying with children, review FAA's guidance about Child Safety.
- If you are bringing pets or service animals, read about Flying with Pets.
Check for Prohibited items
3-1-1 for Liquids
Liquids, gels, aerosols, creams, and pastes must be 3.4 ounces or less.
- All bottles must fit in a single quart size plastic bag and the bag must be placed in a bin for screening.
- Screening may be required for sun block, tanning sprays, and food such as yogurt.
- Review TSA's 3-1-1 for Liquids rule.
Prepare for Security
Have an acceptable ID and your boarding pass ready.
- View your airport's security wait time.
- Remove large electronics including laptops and your quart size liquids bag from carry-on luggage.
- Put any metallic clothing or objects, as well as your cell phone, into a bin for screening.
You may also need to report a travel problem, concern, or complaint.