Section 207(f)(2) of the E-Government Act of 2002 requires federal agencies to develop an inventory of information to be published on their websites, establish a schedule for publishing information, make those schedules available for public comment, and post the schedules and priorities on the website.
The FAA has a long-standing policy to publish information as soon as it can be released to the public, so there is no more specific schedule. As new information becomes available that is important to the public, we are committed to putting it on our website.
The information that follows presents a topical inventory of FAA’s website. If you have suggestions for additional information we should post, please let us know.
Priority 1: Required by law, regulation, Presidential directive or other official directive, or to ensure national security; or mission-critical and essential for program operations, but not required by law:
- Aircraft, including registration and records, design approvals and modifications, light sport, amateur-built and general aviation, repair stations, special flight permits, international information for imports and exports, and information for suspected unapproved parts (SUP).
- Airports, including statistics, environmental issues, and airport development and organization information.
- Air Traffic, including real-time airport status, NextGen information, and orders and notices.
- Data & Research, including accident and incident reports, air traffic data, airline on-time statistics, aviation safety reports, aviation research plans, commercial space transportation, and aerospace forecasts.
- Licenses & Certificates, including information for pilots, aircraft, mechanics, airports and medical exams and certification.
- Regulations & Policies, including advisory circulars, airworthiness directives, NOTAMS, orders & notices, TFRs, and policy statements.
- Training & Testing, including education information for all ages, training programs, test centers, and international training.
Priority 2: Frequently requested information or services that would improve service to the public.
- About FAA, including budget, doing business with FAA, mission, vision, values, offices, organizational chart, history, plans and reports.
- Jobs, including job openings, descriptions, and application forms.
- News, including press releases, fact sheets, speeches, and testimony.
- All Visitors, including airmen, aviation industry, travelers, consultants and contractors, medical professionals, military, students, members of Congress and Congressional staff.
Priority 3: Other information
- Contact Us including our 24-hour safety hotline, airport noise issues, air travel service issues, consumer protection division, telephone directory, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), and FAA address.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and other information that enhances or further explains information presented in more detail elsewhere on the site.