Information is available to educate the public about the risks, and effects, of lasers on pilots and flight crews, and the consequences of doing so.
News Stories and Releases
- Philadelphia Man Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Shining Laser into Police Helicopter
- Mississippi Man Pleads Guilty to Aiming Laser Pointer at Aircraft
- Milwaukee man sentenced to probation for pointing laser at aircraft
- Laser Interference in Aviation – Skybrary
- Laser Pointer Safety (laserpointersafety.com)
- Laser Safety Public Service Announcement (MP3) (September 2012)
- Protecting Aircraft from Lasers Flyer (FBI)
Laser light shows and other outdoor laser presentations
Follow FAA procedures and guidelines when planning an outdoor laser light show or demonstration to ensure the safety of pilots and crews.