Information is available to educate the public about the risks, and effects, of lasers on pilots and flight crews, and the consequences of doing so.
News Stories and Releases
- Outreach Helps Bring Laser Strike Numbers Down (FAA, 2019)
- Make Sure Laser-Light Displays Aren't Aimed at the Sky (FAA, 2018)
- KC Man Sentenced for Laser Strike (FBI, 2017)
- The Risk of Laser Attacks on Pilots is Real and Growing (Aviation Week, 2016)
- FBI Reward Program Aimed at Deterring Laser Strikes (FBI, 2014)
- Laser Pilot Program Expands Nationwide (FBI, 2014)
- Laser Pointer Leads to Arrest (video, FBI, 2010)
- Laser Interference in Aviation – Skybrary
- Laser Pointer Safety (laserpointersafety.com)
- Laser Safety Public Service Announcement (MP3) (September 2012)
- Protecting Aircraft from Lasers Flyer (FBI)
- Laser and Optical Radiation Survey (FDA)
Laser light shows and other outdoor laser presentations
Follow FAA procedures and guidelines when planning an outdoor laser light show or demonstration to ensure the safety of pilots and crews.