What is an amateur-built aircraft?
Title 14, Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR), part 21, section 21.191(g), defines an amateur-built aircraft as an aircraft "the major portion of which has been fabricated and assembled by person(s) who undertook the construction project solely for their own education or recreation."
- Airworthiness Certification for Amateur-Built Aircraft
- Amateur-Built Aircraft Aviation Rulemaking Committee (ARC) Final Reports
- 2008 ARC Final Report (PDF, large document)
- 2006 ARC Final Report (PDF)
- Amateur-Built Aircraft Kits
- Amateur-Built Aircraft Registration & Inspection
- Amateur-Built Aircraft Regulations & Policies
- Before You Build Your Own Aircraft
- Repairman Certificate for Amateur-Built Aircraft
Last updated: Tuesday, September 29, 2015