The Airport Improvement Program (AIP) provides grants to public agencies — and, in some cases, to private owners and entities — for the planning and development of public-use airports that are included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (NPIAS). See the AIP Glossary for a description of AIP-related terms.
- AIP-F&E Relationship Presentation (MS PowerPoint, 864 KB)
- Airport Improvement Program Changes and Initiatives (MS Word)
- Steps to AIP Funding for Your Airport Project - Quick Reference Guide (PDF) (updated 9/20/2016)
- Airport Improvement Program (AIP) - Improper Payments (PDF)
- FAA Office of Civil Rights
- Sponsor Guide