The FAA develops engineering, design, and construction standards for civil airports, heliports, and seaplane bases. This includes standards for airfield pavement; airport lighting, marking, signs, and other visual aids; safety during construction; surveying and GIS data; deicing, ARFF, and other facilities; bird radar and foreign object detection systems; and more.
- Construction Resources
- Contract Provisions
- Design Resources
- Obstruction Evaluation/Airport Airspace Analysis
Data Conversion Utilities
- Common Slope Angle Conversions - This chart shows a number of slopes related to airport design and airspace. Slopes are shown as ratio, percent, and degree.
- Angle converter (MS Excel) - This spreadsheet can be used to convert any angle expressed in one form, for example percent, to the same angle expressed in different units, such as degrees.
- Vertical Datum converter - This web site provides a means for converting between vertical datums.
- AASHTO Innovative Highway Technologies
- ASTM International
- Sponsor Guide
- U.S. Air Force e-Publishing
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers HQUSACE Publications
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Sacramento District
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Transportation Systems Center