Radiobiology Research Team
Download a free copy of CARI-6
Those who have downloaded an earlier version of the CARI program are advised to refresh the page (press F5 key in Microsoft Internet Explorer) before downloading a new copy. The "refresh" will keep the browser from using a cached copy of the file.
1. Decide where to download and unzip the files. If you use a preexisting folder/directory skip to step 2. To create a new folder/directory:
- From the Desktop, double left-click on My Computer.
- Double left-click on desired hard disk drive (e.g., C:).
- Left-click on File.
- Move mouse to New and left-click on Folder on menu that appears.
- Right-click on New Folder.
- Left-click on Rename on menu that appears.
- Type in desired name of folder/directory (e.g., CARI-6) and press
3. Choose Save this file to disk then left-click on OK.
4. In the Save As window:
- in the Save in field, left-click on drive with destination folder/directory chosen in step 1.
- double left-click on name of folder/directory chosen in step 1
- left-click on File name field and type in cari6exe.exe.
- left-click on Save.
The downloaded file will be a compressed (ZIP) file, which will self-extract when run. To start the self-extraction, run CARI6EXE from the drive and folder/directory previously selected. In the Unzip to folder: field replace the default folder/directory (e.g.,C:\\tmp) with the drive and folder/directory you chose and left-click on unzip.
If you are unable to download and unzip CARI-6 with these instructions, send us a mailing address (not a P.O. Box), telephone number, and the name of the operating system you are using.
Please email us if you would like additional information about CARI-6.