USA Banner

Official US Government Icon

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.

Secure Site Icon

Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock ( ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

United States Department of Transportation United States Department of Transportation

Am I required to notify the FAA if my service agent or Designated Employer Representative (DER) changes?

View the full FAQ here.

No.  The FAA does not require you to notify us when your service agents change, unless the change means the information listed in 14 CFR §§ 120.117 and 120.225 and on your program registration, Letter of Authorization, or Operations Specifications is no longer valid.

Although you are not required to update the FAA when your DER or program manager changes, it can be helpful to have current contact information for future correspondence.  If you wish to report your new DER or program manager information, please write to the Drug Abatement Division at and provide the new DER or program manager’s name and title, physical address, telephone and fax numbers, and email address.

If you have any further questions or need additional guidance that is more specific to your situation, please contact the FAA’s Drug Abatement Division at (202) 267-8442 or

Please visit our website to learn more about the program.

Applicable Regulations:

14 CFR § 120.117
14 CFR § 120.225