Greenville Downtown Airport (GMU)
Greenville Downtown Airport (GMU) is a medium sized general aviation airport located on the eastern edge of the city of Greenville, South Carolina. It primarily serves the general and business aviation community, in addition to air taxi traffic and a local Medivac network that utilizes the field. The airport is just six miles southwest of the larger Greenville-Spartanburg International (GSP) and five miles north of the Donaldson (GYH) airports. Pilots have confused these airports primarily when operations are in a north configuration. The close proximity of these airports warrants particular attention to traffic pattern entries issued by the tower. The airport configuration consists of two intersecting runways, and a complex taxiway system provides access to all businesses on the field, including the FBO and all ramp areas, located on each corner of the airport. This configuration leads to an unusually high number of vehicular crossings on airport surfaces including slower aircraft under tow and golf carts. This video prepares pilots for hot spots and common issues at GMU.
Airport Diagrams, VFR Charts, Chart Supplement, NOTAMS, and Construction Notice Diagrams, etc., are routinely updated. Here are some links to current FAA information.
- Aeronautical Information Services. The Aeronautical Information Services site has a wealth of information and:
- Is the authoritative government source for collecting, storing, maintaining, and disseminating aeronautical data for the U. S. and its territories.
- Develops and maintains all public instrument flight procedures and airways.
- Serves as the FAA's aeronautical charting authority for the development, publication, and dissemination of aeronautical charts and products to support aviation and to meet demand for increased capacity, efficiency, and predictability in the airspace, routes, and airports of the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Airport Construction
- Airport Diagram
- Chart Supplement
- From the Flight Deck Videos
- Hot Spots
- VFR Charts