Long Beach Airport (Daugherty Field) (LGB)
Long Beach (LGB), also known as Daugherty Field, is a busy medium sized multi-use airport, located in the city of Long Beach, California. Situated fifteen miles southeast of the larger, more congested Los Angeles International Airport, it is a convenient alternative. There are no less than five more airports of varying sizes within a ten-mile radius of Long Beach. Its associated Class Delta airspace is adjacent to Los Alamitos Army Air Field's airspace, and underlies the Los Angeles Class Bravo. This video prepares pilots for hot spots, challenges and runway configuration details at LGB.
Airport Diagrams, VFR Charts, Chart Supplement, NOTAMS, and Construction Notice Diagrams, etc., are routinely updated. Here are some links to current FAA information.
- Aeronautical Information Services. The Aeronautical Information Services site has a wealth of information and:
- Is the authoritative government source for collecting, storing, maintaining, and disseminating aeronautical data for the U. S. and its territories.
- Develops and maintains all public instrument flight procedures and airways.
- Serves as the FAA's aeronautical charting authority for the development, publication, and dissemination of aeronautical charts and products to support aviation and to meet demand for increased capacity, efficiency, and predictability in the airspace, routes, and airports of the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Airport Construction
- Airport Diagram
- Chart Supplement
- From the Flight Deck Videos
- Hot Spots
- VFR Charts