Aircraft Registration

Aircraft Owned under a Personal or Family Trust

You can register an aircraft to a single applicant as trustee, or to several applicants as co-trustees. The trustee(s) must submit:

  • An affidavit showing that each beneficiary under the trust is either a U.S. Citizen or a resident alien. This includes each person whose security interest in the aircraft is incorporated in the trust. If any beneficiary under the trust is not a U.S. Citizen or a resident alien, the trustee or trustees must provide an affidavit stating the trustee is not aware of any reason, situation, or relationship that would give the non-citizen a share of control greater than 25 percent to influence or limit the exercise of the trustee's authority.
  • A certified true copy of the complete trust instrument
  • An ink-signed bill of sale from the present registered owner to the trustee(s)
  • An application for registration showing the trustee(s) as applicant, signed in ink by the trustee(s)
  • The $5 registration fee. Make checks payable to Federal Aviation Administration.

A trustee should always show the title "trustee" following their name wherever the bill of sale or application documents show it. The applicant trustee or trustees must also type or print their names below their signature on the application for registration form.

Mail Us Your Registration

For more information download the form Information to Aid in the Registration of U.S. Civil Aircraft, AC Form 8050-94 (PDF)

Last updated: Tuesday, June 21, 2022