Palm Beach International Airport (PBI)
Palm Beach International is a medium sized, mixed-use airport located between the cities of West Palm Beach and Lake Worth on Florida's east coast. It has associated Class Charlie airspace and several smaller airports in close proximity, including North Palm Beach County airport, which has a very similar runway configuration. PBI has two parallel runways and an intersecting runway, as well as a complex taxiway system. Wrong surface landings and departures have occurred at PBI. This video prepares pilots for hot spots and other challenges they may experience at this airport.
Airport Diagrams, VFR Charts, Chart Supplement, NOTAMS, and Construction Notice Diagrams, etc., are routinely updated. Here are some links to current FAA information.
- Aeronautical Information Services. The Aeronautical Information Services site has a wealth of information and:
- Is the authoritative government source for collecting, storing, maintaining, and disseminating aeronautical data for the U. S. and its territories.
- Develops and maintains all public instrument flight procedures and airways.
- Serves as the FAA's aeronautical charting authority for the development, publication, and dissemination of aeronautical charts and products to support aviation and to meet demand for increased capacity, efficiency, and predictability in the airspace, routes, and airports of the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Airport Construction
- Airport Diagram
- Chart Supplement
- From the Flight Deck Videos
- Hot Spots
- VFR Charts