- Quality Control for the Manufacature of Non-Metallic Compartment Interior Components
- Date issued
- Office of Primary Responsibility
- AIR-200, Aircraft Certification Service - Production & Airworthiness Certification Division
a. This advisory circular (AC)
1) Provides information about Title 14, Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR), part 21, Certification Procedures for Products, Articles, and Parts.
2) Provides information for both an applicant for, and a holder of, a production approval, and refers to both as a production approval holder (PAH).
3) Is not mandatory and does not constitute a regulation. This AC describes an acceptable means, but not the only means, to comply with these requirements. However, if you use the means described in the AC, you must follow it in all important respects.
b. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) will consider other methods ofcompliance that the applicant elects to present. More so than metallic articles, non-metallic articles obtain the majority oftheir attributes directly from their manufacturing process. Many quality systems established for the manufacture of metallic articles may be unable to provide the additional controls necessary to ensure conformance to design requirements of non-metallic articles. This AC addresses those areas of a quality system that may require expansion to adequately accommodate the manufacture ofnon-metallic compartrnent interior articles.
- AC 21-31A (PDF)