AC 90-105A - Approval Guidance for RNP Operations and Barometric Vertical Navigation in the U.S. National Airspace System and in Oceanic and Remote Continental Airspace
Approval Guidance for RNP Operations and Barometric Vertical Navigation in the U.S. National Airspace System and in Oceanic and Remote Continental Airspace
Office of Primary Responsibility
This advisory circular (AC) provides guidance for operators to conduct Required Navigation Performance (RNP) operations in the United States, in oceanic and remote continental airspace, and in foreign countries which adopt International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards for RNP operations. Guidance is provided for the following:
• Required Navigation Performance Approach (RNP APCH) procedures;
• Barometric vertical navigation (baro-VNAV);
• RNP 1 (terminal) operations;
• RNP 0.3 (rotorcraft) operations;
• RNP 2 domestic, offshore, oceanic, and remote continental operations;
• RNP 4 oceanic and remote continental operations;
• RNP 10 (Area Navigation (RNAV) 10) oceanic and remote continental operations;
• Advanced Required Navigation Performance (A-RNP), and
• Additional Capabilities.
This AC does not apply to those approaches which require unique authorization (Required Navigation Performance Authorization Required (RNP AR), as described in AC 90 101( ), Approval Guidance for RNP Procedures with AR, nor does it address instrument approach procedures (IAP) using localizer performance with vertical guidance (LPV) or localizer performance without vertical guidance (LP), which are addressed in AC 90-107( ), Guidance for Localizer Performance with Vertical Guidance and Localizer Performance without Vertical Guidance Approach Operations in the U.S. National Airspace System.