Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA)
Santa Barbara Municipal (SBA) is a medium sized multi-use airport located on the western edge of the city of Santa Barbara, California. Situated seventy five miles west of the congested Los Angeles basin and along the Pacific ocean shoreline, it is an attractive cross country destination for student pilots as well as pilots looking for a scenic location to fly. This video prepares pilots for hot spots, challenges and runway configuration details at SBA.
Airport Diagrams, VFR Charts, Chart Supplement, NOTAMS, and Construction Notice Diagrams, etc., are routinely updated. Here are some links to current FAA information.
- Aeronautical Information Services. The Aeronautical Information Services site has a wealth of information and:
- Is the authoritative government source for collecting, storing, maintaining, and disseminating aeronautical data for the U. S. and its territories.
- Develops and maintains all public instrument flight procedures and airways.
- Serves as the FAA's aeronautical charting authority for the development, publication, and dissemination of aeronautical charts and products to support aviation and to meet demand for increased capacity, efficiency, and predictability in the airspace, routes, and airports of the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Airport Construction
- Airport Diagram
- Chart Supplement
- From the Flight Deck Videos
- Hot Spots
- VFR Charts