National Engagement and Regional Administration (ARA) is a lead organization responsible for outreach initiatives, emergency transportation preparedness and response, and daily oversight and implementation of FAA programs and initiatives. The nationwide organization, based in Washington, D.C., facilitates coordination among nine Regional Offices strategically located across the country and provides leadership and horizontal integration on issues and programs involving multiple FAA organizations.
As a critical part of agency outreach, ARA also manages the FAA Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Aviation and Space Education (STEM AVSED) program, which fosters participation in and development of the aerospace workforce.
FAA Regions: Serving the American Public — ARA’s overview video provides more information about how the nine regions support the FAA’s mission of safety and efficiency.
ARA provides government, Department of Transportation, and FAA-wide services in:
- Community and Intergovernmental Engagement
- Transportation Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Noise Complaints and Inquiries
- Regional Operations Centers
- STEM AVSED/Workforce Development
- Operational Efficiency and Excellence
- Aviation, Runway, and Surface Safety
- Innovation/NextGen Navigational Aids
- Regional Business Administration
- Facilities Management
These services are part of the vital support infrastructure needed to maintain strong, safe, and efficient national and international aviation systems and are directly involved in the accomplishment of the FAA Strategic Plan goals:
- Infrastructure Investment
AddressFederal Aviation Administration
National Engagement and Regional Administration
800 Independence Ave., SW Room 306W
Washington, D.C. 20591