For the areas served by the Central Region Administration, we provide information on community involvement and aircraft noise issues, including how to submit a noise complaint or inquiry.
Noise Complaints & Inquiries
Noise from Aircraft Operations at Your Community Airport
The FAA's continuing mission is to ensure the safe and efficient use of our nation's navigable airspace. We also participate in an array of research and community engagement activities focused on addressing aircraft noise. However, airport sponsors (i.e., owners/operators) also share the responsibility for reducing incompatible land uses and noise impacts on residents of the surrounding area.
To send a noise complaint or inquiry about a noise concern:
- Review FAA's noise complaint and inquiry policy (PDF) to become familiar with how we process these submissions.
- Contact Partnering Airports:
- Non-partnering airports: Enter the address where the noise concern occurred to contact the nearest non-partnering airport.
The FAA Regional Administrator designates a Regional Ombudsman.
- Each Regional Ombudsman will work with the Regional Administrator to ensure public inquires related to aviation noise, pollution, and safety are properly addressed.
- Contact the Regional Ombudsman with other aviation noise-related questions and concerns.
Aviation Noise General Information
Learn about aviation noise and the FAA's ongoing work to improve our understanding of the ways aviation noise may affect communities.
The FAA is committed to inform and involve the public, engage with communities and give meaningful consideration to community concerns and views as we make aviation decisions that affect them.
Other Complaint or Inquiry Types
- For safety concerns or to report low-flying aircraft, contact your local Flight Standards District Office. Although low-flying aircraft often raise concerns about both safety and noise, safety takes priority, so the FSDO is your best resource.
- For military aircraft noise complaints, please contact the military.