Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners
Substances of Dependence/Abuse (Drugs and Alcohol)
- Please note that a published list of acceptable medications:
- is labor intensive and in the final analysis only partially answers the certification question and does not contribute to aviation safety;
- may encourage or facilitate an airmen's self-determination of the risks posed by various medical conditions especially when combination therapy is used; and
- subject to misuse if used as the sole factor to determine certification eligibility or compliance with 14 CFR part 61.53, Prohibition of Operations During Medical Deficiencies
- Substances of Dependence/Abuse Medications.
The Aerospace Medical Disposition
applies to each Substances of Dependence/Abuse medication listed below. These medications are not meant to be totally inclusive or comprehensive. No independent
interpretation of the FAA's position with respect to a medication included or excluded from the list should be assumed.
Substance of Dependence/Abuse Medications
- See also: