Application Process for Medical Certification
General Information - AME Completion
- Date the medical certificate to reflect the date the medical examination was performed, NOT the date of import, issuance, or transmission.
- Limitations must be selected from the list in the Aerospace Medical Certification System (AMCS). Additional limitations may NOT be typed/written in.
- Signatures: Each medical certificate must be fully completed prior to being signed.
- Both the AME and applicant must sign the medical certificate in ink.
- The applicant must sign before leaving the AME's office.
- Give only ONE certificate to the airman.
- Use AMCS generated certificates only.
- Transmit the exam electronically to the FAA using AMCS within 14 days.
- The following are NOT valid
- Copies of medical certificates;
- Typewriter or handwritten certificates;
- Obviously corrected certificates; or
- Paper 8500-8 certificates (any remaining paper forms should be destroyed by the AME).
- Replacement medical certificates must be issued by the FAA.