Pharmaceuticals (Therapeutic Medications)
Diabetes Mellitus - Insulin Treated
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Medical History: Item 18.k., Diabetes.
- Aeromedical Decision Considerations: See Item 48, General Systemic Aerospace Medical Disposition table.
- Protocol: See Diabetes Mellitus Type I or Type II - Insulin treated
- Pharmaceutical Considerations:
- Insulin pumps are an acceptable form of treatment.
- Combination of insulin with other anti-diabetes medication(s): The chart of Acceptable Combinations of Diabetes Medications (PDF) summarizes the acceptable medications for both monotherapy and combination therapy. The chart organizes medications into groups based on similarity of mechanisms of actions and/or therapeutic effects.