During the past century, wildlife-aircraft strikes have resulted in the loss of hundreds of lives worldwide, as well as billions of dollars in aircraft damage. The FAA maintains a comprehensive program to address wildlife hazards. Through policy and guidance, research and outreach, we strive to stay ahead of the issue.
- October 13, 2020 - Virtual Wildlife Hazard Management training course available on December 8-10, 2020, from Blue Wing Environmental:
3-Day QAWB Wildlife Hazard Management Training Course.
- July 16, 2020 - Update on Available Data in the FAA’s National Wildlife Strike Database:
All 2019 wildlife strike reports are valid and available on the FAA's National Wildlife Strike Database. This includes 2019 Mandatory Occurrence Reports (MORs).
Wildlife strike reports that were submitted online (FAA Form 5200-7E) through May 14, 2020, are also validated and available to the public on the database.
FAA's 2019 Annual Report on Wildlife Strike to Civil Aircraft is currently under internal review and processing. An update will be issued when this is published.
For a copy of your airport's non-validated strike reports, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 4, 2020 - The following 3-day courses fulfill the training requirements for airport wildlife biologists conducting wildlife hazard assessments under Part 139 and Advisory Circular 150/5200-36A.
- Blue Wing Environmental: 3-Day Wildlife Hazard Management Training Course, Portland International Airport, OR, October 20-22, 2020 (COM) (registration opens March 16, 2020)
- Loomacres Wildlife Management: Advanced Airport Wildlife Management Training, Tulsa Internatonal Airport, Tulsa, OK, March 9-11, 2021 (PHP)
Wildlife Strike Reporting
Report a Strike
- FAA's Wildlife StrikeDatabase
Report a strike or explore the available strike data.
- Smithsonian Institution's Feather Lab
Learn how to submit bird remains for identification.
- Some Significant Wildlife Strikes to Civil Aircraft in the United States, January 1990 - September 2019 (PDF) (Updated 9/25/19)
U.S. Department of Agriculture / Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service / Wildlife Services.
- Strike Information Summaries (as of April 30, 2018)
Summaries produced by Embry Riddle Prescott Center for Wildlife and Aviation from data drawn from the FAA Wildlife Strike Database.
- Wildlife Strikes to Civil Aircraft in the United States, 1990 - 2018 (PDF, 2.23 MB)