During the past century, wildlife-aircraft strikes have resulted in the loss of hundreds of lives worldwide, as well as billions of dollars in aircraft damage. The FAA maintains a comprehensive program to address wildlife hazards. Through policy and guidance, research and outreach, we strive to stay ahead of the issue.
- February 6, 2019: Wildlife Strikes to Civil Aircraft in the United States, 1990-2017 (PDF, 2.32 MB)
- January 24, 2019: AC 150/5200-36B, Qualifications for Wildlife Biologist Conducting Wildlife Hazard Assessments and Training Curriculums for Airport Personnel Involved in Controlling Wildlife Hazards on Airports
- January 18, 2019: Draft AC 150/5200-33C, Hazardous Wildlife Attractants On or Near Airports, available for comment. Please submit comments by February 28, 2019.
- Update on Available Data in the FAA National Wildlife Strike Database, as of January 28, 2019:
The FAA National Wildlife Strike Database currently includes wildlife strike reports through December 31, 2018. This includes reports that were submitted online and via "paper" 5200-7 forms (Bird / Other Wildlife Strike Report).
The database currently includes wildlife strike reports submitted via Mandatory Occurrence Reports (MOR), supplied by the Air Traffic Organization, through December 31, 2017. The remaining MORs are being analyzed and will be incorporated into the database shortly.
- Receive email alerts when this page is updated.
Wildlife Strike Reporting
Report a Strike
- FAA's Wildlife Strike Database
Report a strike or explore the available strike data.
- Smithsonian Institution's Feather Lab
Learn how to submit bird remains for identification.
- Some Significant Wildlife Strikes to Civil Aircraft in the United States, January 1990 - December 2018 (PDF) (Updated 1/3/19)
U.S. Department of Agriculture / Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service / Wildlife Services.
- Strike Information Summaries (as of April 30, 2018)
Summaries produced by Embry Riddle Prescott Center for Wildlife and Aviation from data drawn from the FAA Wildlife Strike Database.
- Wildlife Strikes to Civil Aircraft in the United States, 1990 - 2017 (PDF, 2.32 MB) (Added 2/6/2019)